Replied by Swishy on topic DODGE 600 Series Cat Engine
JonK
gudday m8

RE: did it ever get registered
Ive bin trying to re register an ol float
may B new registration to an ol float
we have now fitted and plumbed yo type 30/30 spring breaks
Ist inspection due early March

https://media.istockphoto.com/id/1257630147/vector/hope-black-glyph-icon.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=is&k=20&c=nT1ADJsRHVdsgwduDTus-ijvlrjyVmAJSbr_OI_niO8=

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Swishy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #243057 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic DODGE 600 Series Cat Engine
V8Ian

Qld is great also.

Last year trying to register a 1940 Chevrolet car I was told it was on the stolen register in WA from 1990. Not with the chassis number but the serial number plate identifying the model (and Paint Code). I pointed out they made 2,500 Chevrolets with this same number on the plate. It had also been registered in Victoria and ACT during many years since 1990.

"It does not matter 1765 is on the stolen register and 1765 is on your car"

"But there were 2,500 of the bloody things how do you know it is this one"

"You must have WA Police remove it from the register. Of course WA police had no knowledge of my chassis or engine number and 1990 records were in a vault somewhere.

A set of 1/4" number stamps and a different registration office solved the problem. I need not have done this as the second place only correctly looked at the chassis and engine number disregarding GMH Model Serial and Paint Code plate - but I had preprepared in case they did.

The thing about dealing with these people it makes you feel good about your own intelligence.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, Southbound, V8Ian, wee-allis, Brocky45, PDU and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds