Skip to main content

Sydney Bus Museum

More
1 month 1 week ago #251069 by cobbadog
Sydney Bus Museum was created by cobbadog
Today Dee n I took a journey to this museum. 1st train line closed for repairs so a bus was taken. Then next train only went 4 srations n another bus. Then due to mongrel protesters the bus to the museum had been diverted to another place so a walk to it. Finally made it on an old Leyland double decker n the young fella driving knew how to handle it with kid gloves. So here are the beginning of some pucs n will put more up tomorrow 

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Jumbo, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #251070 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sydney Bus Museum
This cut away of the okd bus was brilliant. I knew tge engine n box were offset but tyen tge tail shaft is further offset. Look at the diff with short n long axles.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

More
1 month 1 week ago #251071 by cobbadog
An Austerity bus running mostly V8s but some were 6's. Nice old T Model posty van

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

More
1 month 1 week ago #251072 by cobbadog
Nice old White under restoration. A Vespa posty bike. A diuble decker in black out mode, not syre about the camouflage colours being right. Finally a nice Dodge Brothers car.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, wouldyou, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, roKWiz, wee-allis, PDU and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
1 month 1 week ago #251076 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Sydney Bus Museum
Good pictures, thanks.

Interesting lock nut (?) on the "rear brakes" picture. Never seen that before.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 month 1 week ago #251077 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Sydney Bus Museum
Fabulous bus pictures cobbadog, and the cutaway sections are quite well done although with so much of the brake drums cut-away it took a little while to make out what was what. No doubt asw120 was impressed also.

Never seen an Austerity bus before - spartan to put it mildly. The "camouflaged"  Albion is actually  an AEC, oops!

I test drove, and was tempted to buy, an AEC single decker (ex Melbourne) that had been converted to one man operation (no conductor). The driver controls were left unaltered, but the left side of the driver's cab was removed and a windshield across to the left hand side plus an extra side window over the wheel. The half bonnet was still there but with a ticket dispenser screwed to it in easy reach of the driver. I regretted not buying that for several years but had no where to park it. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 month 1 week ago #251079 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Sydney Bus Museum
Is a great museum.Worth a visit.

cobbadog did you go on the free London bus ride to the QVB and back ??

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 month 1 week ago #251080 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sydney Bus Museum
Cobbadog,
The bus museum certainly has improved since I went there but that must have been about forty years ago.  I will visit it if I ever go to Shitzme again.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #251082 by cobbadog
They rotate the buses they use for the free bus trip to tge QVB. Yesterday was the Leylands turn which suited us both with memories of uncle charlie driving us about.
Would not care which bus it was really, it was exciting to ride on one n see this place.

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
1 month 1 week ago #251083 by cobbadog
More. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, wee-allis, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds