Skip to main content

Just saying G'day

More
13 years 11 months ago #27829 by kangaroo 1
Replied by kangaroo 1 on topic Re: Just saying G'day
prodrive if the book was My Way on the Highway yes thats me.
I apologise for that book as it was not presented as I meant it all the blank spots should have truck pics in there and I wasnt given a chance to proof read it but it seems most readers overlooked the mistakes and enjoyed it. It was all true believe me . I hope the second book to be better with many pics of the old days and some stories from others who were there with me back then.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27830 by kangaroo 1
crashbox check June issue of Truckin Life have advertised the remainder of the books for sale Its about the early days the 1940's -50's the start of it all and what we had to fight for Road transport wasnt wanted by the state raiways back then. full of Aussie humour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27831 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Just saying G'day
Kanga, I really enjoyed your book. As I am located on the New England Hwy and restoring a Mk111 AEC it really came alive. Feel free to claim a drive for old times sake when we meet up at one of the shows. There is an Emmaville Tiger story on my place from the 50's - it was all the rage then (and hasn't gone away completely even now!)

More
13 years 11 months ago #27832 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Just saying G'day
Kanga, now that Swisho has kindly shared a pic of your dial with us, I recall the address for to order your book was the Gold Coast. If that's the case, are you coming up to Beeliegh in a couple of weeks?If you are, there is a few of us would enjoy meeting you.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27833 by kangaroo 1
Mammoth Hi take ya up on ya offer of a drive haha ifn I'm still here haha yeah I saw something that night 55 years ago still gives me the chills lots of memories of Glenn I throwing snowballs at each other on the park over from the railway gates all the best

More
13 years 11 months ago #27834 by kangaroo 1
Big cam yes live Gold Coast and yes great to see you where and when my email nullarborkid@hotmail.com look forward to saying Hi

More
13 years 11 months ago #27835 by kangaroo 1
bigcam yep Gold coast tell me where and when be good to say g/day my email nullaborkid@hotmail.com

More
13 years 11 months ago #27836 by kangaroo 1
fellas dont laugh at me Im hopeless on PC werkhorse reckons my posts end up in outer Mongolia most times
sorry about the double reply ray

More
13 years 11 months ago #27837 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Just saying G'day
Ray, have you got any/ many books left? You matbe able to sell some at the show, let me know and I'll ask the question if you like.

13 years 11 months ago #27838 by
Replied by on topic Re: Just saying G'day
The Emmaville Tiger?? .. is that the same as the Nullarbor Nymph?? .. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds