More
13 years 11 months ago #27849 by kangaroo 1
Replied by kangaroo 1 on topic Re: Just saying G'day
I think thats the best pic of me ever haha

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27850 by kangaroo 1
mammoth 2nd book not ready maybe end of year stories and pics from others in there takes time to put together will come with first book am delighted thanks for the invitation.;

More
13 years 11 months ago #27851 by kangaroo 1
thank you to all of you out there you make an old man's heart glad to have found his way back
being 80 next year
but my time is taken up with trying to at least write down the early history of road transport in OZ before it is lost forever not many of us left now that was there at the beginning. we didnt think we were anything special it was just a job but looking back now yes its a bit of history that shouldnt be forgotten.
every night going to bed i yell out into the darkness above "not yet" haha it seems to be working!

More
13 years 11 months ago #27852 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Just saying G'day
Well Kanga Ray, thank YOU very much. I read your book just recently (bought a copy at the Hall of Fame in Alice. i thoroughly enjoyed it, and I've passed it on to brother, father, you name it. It's a bit of a privilege to see you here. I hope you can keep telling us stories for a long time to come! Your book brought back lots of memories (and I'm a bit more than half your age,) but lots of stuff I could really relate to when I was a young fella. I had a few great laughs too. And funny how stupid bureaucracies are still bloody stupid!!! Good on you mate, well done, and thanks very much. Cheers,
Richard

P.S heres a pic of a couple of old banga sI saw on the way home, in a yard at Coober Pedy.

More
13 years 11 months ago #27853 by kangaroo 1
prodrive thanks glad you had a laugh with the book thats what its all about to be able to laugh at ourselves and not take ourselves too seriously I never did
the Aussie larrikin lurks in all of us and those early boys were very good at it. ray

13 years 11 months ago #27854 by
Replied by on topic Re: Just saying G'day
Ray

Great to have you on this site.

If anyone is looking at buying a copy of your book how can they do this and at what cost including postage.

Trevor

More
13 years 11 months ago #27855 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Just saying G'day
If you can bear the wait Ray will be selling his books at the Dubbo show. I'll let him post price with postage

More
13 years 11 months ago #27856 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Just saying G'day
yeah guys, get the book, get the book. I'm still telling people the "livestock" story...it makes me laugh just thinking about it!
Otherwise you'll have to see if Kanga will tell you himself maybe....
Cheers
Richard

More
13 years 11 months ago #27857 by kangaroo 1
slospeed a special promotion for my book will be advertised in the June Truckin Life issue or email me at
nullarborekid@hotmail.com for details and cost sooner if you want.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds