Skip to main content

parking on the street

More
13 years 10 months ago #30738 by kennymopar2
its amazing people "legallaly park" a skip bin on the road outside their house ..no rego ..no reflectors makes you wonder sometimes

.. i wonder what would happen if you park your truck outside your house fit a cover to it(to hide the rego) & tie the tarp good around the number plates :D .. you may get a doorknock ? .years ago i copped a fine for parking truck on roadway .. next day i parked it in the same spot & smeered vasoline over the steps that "helped" someone to put the fine on the windscreen . . . yeah i got fined again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30739 by hofmann
Replied by hofmann on topic Re: parking on the street
With the skips kenny, you have to get a permit from council to leave them on the street. I think I will give council a call and ask if I can do the same thing with a truck if I have a job somewhere. The skip permits last 3 months I think and they are cheap. By the way bigcam, I wasn't even born in the 70s. Did you guys even have cars back then? You probably had to park your horse and carriage down at the local stable and walk home by candlelight. ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago #30740 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: parking on the street
Sorry Hoffy, I started school in 1969. Nothing wrong with the 70's mate. Did you ever hear of a band called the radiators? They where once the band that toured the most in Australia. One of thier songs was called Fess's song, and when I was driving buses in Cairns I had fantasy's of teaching a Bus load of Japs the chorus. The problem being, that Japs arn't particularly out going by nature, so that was the end of that. Anyway the chorus goes (if you havn't heard it)-
I like sex, sex
I take drugs, drugs
I like looking at dirty pictures,
I like lieing in bed with Fess.
Even if you grew up in the 90's, I'm sure it was a similar anthem, just done by someone else. Mind in the 70's, you may have got away with writing some wrong GVM on your truck. Now days, it isn't even a requirement in Queensland because it is all on the computer.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30741 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: parking on the street
Bl%%
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Tatra.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30742 by imr700x
Replied by imr700x on topic Re: parking on the street
G'day Hofman,

It will cost you $84 ifn you get sprung. I spent two weeks arguing with a copper about what was a bus defined as and that my motorhome wasn't classed as a truck so it must be a bus. In fact it is a 79 Bedford bus. The rule states that the parking restrictions don't apply to buses. In the end he booked me anyway and said work it out in court. The Wyong council is hot on parking, good money spinner I think, so had to find somewhere to park it.

13 years 10 months ago #30743 by
Replied by on topic Re: parking on the street
When i lived in Hoppers Crossing (Wyndham Council) you required a permit to park any truck over 2 tonne on your own property. And no parking in the street for any longer than 1 hour.
I had to supply photos of the truck and where the truck was to be parked its rego number weight and then had to apply for a permit, but the permit only applies to that truck if i got a new truck i had to re apply again.

Where i am now i should have applied for a permit to store to allow me to park my trucks inside my shed but hopefully no one complains.

Councils do not want any commercial vehicles parked in residential areas, they want you to park them in the industrial estates.

Trevor

More
13 years 10 months ago #30744 by hofmann
The 70s, I admit, looked fun.Let me guess the stage names. For the lead singer I'm going to go with antifreeze. The drummer would have to be piston. The only one I can come up with for the guitarist is squeaky fan belt.

You say because of computers I don't have to mark the gvm which means I can print a false gvm. A copper driving past may see it and keep going, maybe not. An educated busy body may also be fooled by it. I'll never know if it works but it can't hurt. If you're truck was really obviously over, it wouldn't work of course.

imr, maybe we should bolt 12 fold down seats to the top of the trucks and call them open top buses.

Come on guys there must be a loophole here somewhere. We should consider it our duty to root it out and then flog it to death. Any truckies/lawyers on this site?

More
13 years 10 months ago #30745 by hofmann
Slospeed, I have an industrial area around the corner. Do you mean on the street in an industrial area or on a block?

More
13 years 10 months ago #30746 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: parking on the street
Councils are strange beasts

I had no problem with mine until I applied to build a 9mx3m extension to my carport to store the Inter.

At this stage I was told by the council expert on the phone that it was a big truck so I needed a permit and had to reapply every 6 months in case someone objected to a noisy diesel truck being started every morning. I pointed out it was being kept similar to a vintage car was not going to be started every day. Also it was petrol and no louder than a car. The council 'expert' informed me that there was no such thing as a petrol truck and I needed a permit for it and that was that.

I rang the person's boss who sent an council bylaws officer around to inspect the situation. They had a look, got out their tape measure and my Inter is 7.25 metres long with a gvm of 9.15 tonnes. You only need a permit for trucks over 7.5 metres long or over 10 tonnes gvm.

The irony is none of my neighbours have ever complained about the truck nor any of my other vintage machinery so I guess I must be lucky

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 10 months ago #30747 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: parking on the street

Mr Bruceman
GuddayM8

RE: You only need a permit for trucks over 7.5 metres long or over 10 tonnes gvm.

With gr8 news like th@
U should rush round n get th@ in writing
for future reference

Coz az U kno n eye kno
this good news aint gunna last

ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds