Skip to main content

years of manufacture Inter C line

More
13 years 8 months ago #33308 by cobba
So by the Vicroads chart is says:

Vehicle Category NB1
Lap sash for outer and lap for inner from 1/1/71

So by all of what I can work out the owner has too much squeeze on his main membrane and has had a quess at the true year of manufacture when registering it.

Problem now is if it is already registered as a 1975 truck then how do I determine or prove that it is a pre dec 1970 truck??????

I don't have an issue with fitting seat belts, just having to pay big bucks for someone to tick the box for having done so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33309 by kennymopar2
has the inter got the threaded holes where seatbelts are to to be mounted ?

More
13 years 8 months ago #33310 by bparo
ok I was keeping it simple before. The rules in Victoria regarding seatbelts require that once they have fitted they can not be removed.

eg my 1965 XP Falcon Ute has seatbelts fitted. I can and have replaced worn belts with new ones using the same mountings and that was fine but I could not take them off and leave them off or I would be breaking the law and the Ute would then be unroadworthy.

I am not sure if the mountings have ever been engineered or need to be as they are in the same place as theya re on all ford or holdens of that era (with the bolt going right through the B Pillar to the outside of the vehicle. The floor mounts look to me like they were always there,

My 1955 Inter doesn't have seatbelts and as long as I never fit them will not need them under current regulations. However as there are no factory mounts if I chose to fit seatbelts they would need an engineers certificate. I have chosen not to fit them as I can't reach all the controls without moving around so a seatbelt would prevent me from operating the vehicle safely

As vehicles often had seat belts as options before they were mandatory it is possible the mounts were an original factory fitment. Maybe someone with a similar vehicle can help out? If they were an original factory fitment you would not need them engineered

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 8 months ago #33311 by cobba
Thanks guys.

kennymopar2. Not sure if it has the factory mount points. The truck is on Ebay and in Sydney so I haven't actually seen it. He has revised the year model to 1974 now but I still don't think that's right for a C1300.

bparo.
Your words ring true with what my mechanic said when I was registering my single cab C1300 recently.
If they are there then they have to stay there engineers certificate or not.
My red truck has got the same style of mounting to your falcon ute and anything else of that era. A long bolt with a broad head thru both inner and outer skins of the B pillar.

Still a question I haven't answered though.
Can I determine the actual year of manufacture from the chassis number. I would like to be able to get it registered in Vic as having been made pre Jan 71. Then I can fit seatbelts down the track without any questions asked.

Cheers. Cobba.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33312 by Sarge
My scant recollection is that the compliance plates came in for cars in 1970/71 and all vehicles by 1974... if it is a 74/75 it will have a compliance plate with year of manufacture. That it doesnt only confirms your suspicions.
My C1300 had seat belt mounts in pillar etc, it was reg'd as a 1966 build.

Good Luck.
/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 8 months ago #33313 by IHScout
The C to D change over was definitely 1972. I have a '72 D line, it has push button door handles and seat belt mounting points. My chassis number starts with D and has a similar number of digits. The fact that the one you're looking at starts with C confirms in my mind that it is a C Line and the latest year it could be in theory is 1972. However, it may well have been unsold stock that didn't leave the yard until 1974. My International Scout was built in 1978, but first registered in 1980. So the true age..... could be anyone's guess :-/ :-/

Dennis

More
13 years 8 months ago #33314 by cobba
Well I was being a bit coy with much info on this truck I was looking at. Don't know if any will remember but I have been looking around for a good one of these as a dual cab for some time so when I found it I wasn't putting it out on public notice as to where it was. Bit of mild paranoia on my behalf but didn't want any competion on the price. :-[

Anyway, looks like I have added another C1300 to the stable and got the dual cab I was after all along.

cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte...parms=tab%3DWatching

Will post some better pictures when I get it home in a few weeks.

Cheers. Cobba.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds