Skip to main content

Mick Travelos V12 KW

More
11 years 1 month ago #33773 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
Spoke to an ex driver from that time and he said that at one stage 3 trailers past through a weighbridge together all with the same rego number ...... Had to do some explaining by the third one ..... :-X ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #33774 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
I remember on a few occassions where I had to race out with a spare set of plates to do a swap coz there were 2 trucks heading to Sydney with the same rego number. Everything was registerd at 1 Sandstone Avenue, Narracoorte. Mick did seem to have an endless supply of plates. Rego stickers were an optional extra.

More
11 years 1 month ago #33775 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
Just checked the original photos and both No. 3 and No. 15 appear with the plate RIH-843!

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #33776 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
15s other rego number SIH630 appears on a few others aswell :-? ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by werkhorse.

More
11 years 1 month ago #33777 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
Come to think of it, there were also IS plates on his red and black Fairlane, IS plates on the Ford ute the he got when McFies got auctioned off, IS plates on Uncle Theo's fruit shop truck etc. All registered at 1 Sandstone Ave, Narracoorte.

Greenie, I don't know about his business dealings, but he was OK to work for, he paid good money and his gear was always in good condition (up until I left him in 75 or 76).

More
11 years 1 month ago #33778 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
that number plate business was the name of the game back in the 60's and early 70's.There were probably more trucks etc registered in SA than all of Oz put together.One mob I worked for used to swap quarter windows and plates every time one of their trucks went through Marulan.It was nothing for the same reg no. to go through 3 or 4 times a night.

More
11 years 1 month ago #33779 by Bruce99
Replied by Bruce99 on topic Re: Mick Travelos V12 KW
Yes it was called CONFUSION!!!
When the letter arrived stating the roadtax wasn't paid for the vehicles sited at Ceduna, Broken Hill, Devil's Elbow, etc etc it just required a letter back that the vehicle was at Marulan at that time & date and to please double check your records.
That fixed them!!!
Must have been a boring job sitting in the car all day jotting down rego numbers, direction of travel etc?

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds