Skip to main content

Cost of tractor from Beacon (WA) to Sydney

More
13 years 4 months ago #41178 by HeyCharger
Hi Guys. I'm interested in the approx cost of getting a tractor from WA to Sydney. It is located at Beacon WA, but I guess I might have to have it picked up at somewhere like Merridin.
Any thoughts or ideas or prices appreciated.
Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41179 by ozfarm
size of tractor mite help

More
13 years 4 months ago #41180 by Johnp
Hey charger,Trewin transport do all sorts of oddball stuff,boats,cars that dont drive(most car transport mobs say they have to be going with some semblace of brakes) they bought a camaro shell back from Q for my son .20 Boydell rd Kenwick 08 9459 6676

More
13 years 4 months ago #41181 by HeyCharger

size of tractor mite help

Sorry about that. A BIG old Chamberlain. With 4 extra rear tyres.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 months ago #41182 by Swishy

Soundz Like the Left haz lost one to the Right
LOL
RE: size of tractor mite help

Better stihl

Make
Model
Width
Height
Length
Weight

BUT
WaddaEyeKno

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 4 months ago #41183 by HeyCharger
OVERALL DIMENSION
* Length 147.0 in., Width 92.5 in. on single rear tyres, (188.0 in. on duals )
* Height ( top of steering wheel ) 75.5 in.
* Tread front 56 in., rear 69.5 in. on singles, ( 100.0 in. on duals. )
* Wheelbase 85.0 in., ground clearance 14.5 in.
* Turning circle 17ft-6 in.
OVERALL WEIGHT
* On 23.1 x 26 tyres - 11,476 lbs.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.

13 years 4 months ago #41184 by

This sounds like we need to set up an interception team at Eucla, to turn back a heritage West Oz machine, that is being illegally removed from its rightful home .. :o 8-)

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41185 by
Rod - I'd say your best bet is to get it Perth, then onto an East-West crowd who have a Sydney depot.
I use Watsons Express a lot, they are reliable, and they will run the Chamberlain Perth to Sydney for you, as cheap as anyone.
Perth-Sydney is 3500 kms, you're talking a massive distance, and with the bulky size of a tractor, it ain't gonna come real cheap.

I could probably get it backloaded to Perth for you for about $800, using a mate who runs Perth-Pt Hedland. Beacon is a long way out, about 300kms.
Beacon to Merredin is about 150kms, but I can't see anyone wanting to stop in Merredin to load up.
In addition, no East-Westers have a depot in Merredin, so loading facilities would have to be arranged.

I could try putting the screws on Watsons to see what they want for Perth-Sydney, depot-to-depot delivery.
I would expect around about $1500 for that. The last big job they did for me was a 2.5 tonne Komatsu forklift, Melbourne-Perth (depot-to-depot) and that cost $1200.

A fork takes up a lot less room than a tractor, and you'll be hit with the price based on cubic rate, not weight.
The only advantage in your move, is that there's always part-loaded and empty trucks running West-to-East, and the rate is always negotiable, as compared to East-to-West, where you pay all the way.

The 4 extra tyres is going to add to the cost substantially. Tyres are VERY expensive to freight.
Unless the tyres are near-new, I'd have to question the wisdom of freighting used tyres that distance.
You might be better off, dropping the 4 tyres into an auction in Perth, and buying good used tyres from your area.

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41186 by kennymopar2
its always possible to drive the chamberlain ? maybe thats what the extra tyres are for? maybe change the tyres at the halfway mark .. seriously though i reken anything under $2000 would be a real cheap transport quote . . i ended up transporting my chamberlain 306 myself the quotes i had for a 600km trip were a bit pricey

More
13 years 4 months ago #41187 by ianoz

This sounds like we need to set up an interception team at Eucla, to turn back a heritage West Oz machine, that is being illegally removed from its rightful home .. :o 8-)

Good Thing we got the Cat D47U out before you got your interception squad set up . ;D. Ian .

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds