Skip to main content

old pics & adverts

More
13 years 4 months ago #41221 by Johnp
old pics & adverts was created by Johnp
Hi guys,muckin around with camera to see if i could take digital photos of old photos and magazine ads,could probably get better but have a look anyway,some rigs were mine others not

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41222 by Johnp

More
13 years 4 months ago #41223 by Johnp

More
13 years 4 months ago #41224 by Rusty Engines
Freighters Ltd Trailers

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 months ago #41225 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: old pics & adverts

RustyE
Gudday M8
Gr8 pix
Keep m cummin

RE: the last B/W Freighter ad
Guess th@ must B from the 50's
the pic of the LowLoader brings back sum horrible memories of the big heavy side plate on the rear bogie
glad 2 C they dont xist no more
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41226 by Rusty Engines
UK Trucks

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41227 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: old pics & adverts
Johnp
your pictures have come out well,, have you tried to scan them .. the old cab over benz would be a bit of a rare item - have not seen 1 of them before.
do you have any more diamond T, or diamond reo pics , or transtars :)
please keep em coming... pat

More
13 years 4 months ago #41228 by Johnp
Replied by Johnp on topic Re: old pics & adverts
Gday melonreo ,i dont have a scanner but my son is going to get one soon,we were just talkin about how some people can take photos of photos but they dont usually come out too clear,these ones took me all of 5 minutes but with a bit of care i think you could do much better(ie centering,contrast,having the page lay flat etc).Ijust think if we can get guys showing old ads/pics without having all the latest hi tech wizz bangery that we may be all able to enjoy some "days gone" that we will never see again.I like lookin at nice shiny photos of trucks etc but feel we may be missing out on some of the character of not so pristine examples .i have more pics just cant find em,old Merc was at tractor wreckers near Albany WA about 10 yrs ago,probably scrapped by now i sold a 64 petrol 6 whl tipper Reo to him about the same time,rear became a chaser bin,cab etc scrapped !.As a well known metal lid wearing man once said SUCH IS LIFE

More
13 years 4 months ago #41229 by Johnp
Replied by Johnp on topic Re: old pics & adverts
Hi rusty engines,keep em comin,havnt spared a thought for an old Seddon in a long time.,same with Freighter you might know of these names but never where they actually came from or were built,i pulled freighter trailers before never paid much attention to place of origin,p.s. i lived in Townsville for a while too followed a bit of the military history of the place with great interest.

13 years 4 months ago #41230 by
Replied by on topic Re: old pics & adverts
I love the old ads, particularly the ones with great images or pictures. Some of the ones from the 30's and 40's are terrific for images, when colour was just making its appearance in ads.

Another forgotten area is in the accessory ads .. for items such as bodies, hoists, gas producers during WW2, trailers, floats, and all the peripheral stuff that you often forget about.

International truck ad - 1947 .. notice how this ad has been "touched up" .. by washing out the LHD driver, and inking in a drivers hat on the RHS! .. and by cutting-and-pasting an Aussie numberplate!

Photoshop was alive and well in 1947! .. but done a whole lot differently, back then! .. ;D

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds