Skip to main content

Ford 8 Speed

More
15 years 8 months ago #3705 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Ford 8 Speed
Podge, I remember the box you talk of. It was often reffered to as the ZF split case wasnt it.
In any case they were a good box. Similar to the Inter T-76. 4 in the main section and high / low in the rear section. Big lump of a box.

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3706 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Ford 8 Speed

i hope the 392 isnt hook up to a roadranger ..it might be straining to turn over the gears :-/. lol

Kennymopar,

I'm gonna have to talk to Col Gosper, the truck's owner on that one, mate! She sounds more like a 6-281 than a V392!

Joe

More
15 years 8 months ago #3707 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Ford 8 Speed
ive found that the inter V8s either 345/392 once loaded are a bit underpowered..for some reason the little 318 V8s in the dodge trucks wernt so bad(& much better on fuel!)

More
15 years 8 months ago #3708 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Inter V392
Re Inter V345 / 392 - I think these were fine in an 8 or maybe a 12 ton local truck but not in a prime mover or running interstate. The ACCO A cab was a great design, remember it was originally designed in the late 60s. Apart from the rust, which should have been fixed much sooner than it was.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3709 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Ford 8 Speed
very true they were a great locally designed cab for their day(ive only left the acco style cab trucks march this year)also up to about 10 ton truck+load the V8s wernt so bad ..but after that you definatly need a diesel .. just my 2c worth

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds