Skip to main content

Just messing about

More
12 years 9 months ago #59128 by oldfulla
Replied by oldfulla on topic Re: Just messing about
I remember picking up a pair of K1W1's once. Just on dark I suggested I was pulling up to get a quick feed, and asked them if they wanted anything.

No - they had bought their own, and proceeded to open the side pockets on their napsacks. One had stale bread in it, another had some very dead cheese and the other some butter. Unwrapped, runny butter stuffed straight into the canvas pocket.

With their lack of recent bathing added to the smell of dead cheese was enough - so I made up a BS story about having to turn off to unload and tipped them out. The smell lasted a week before it properly cleared.

Oldfulla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #59129 by ronhorse
Replied by ronhorse on topic Re: Just messing about
Reminds me of being camped on Mindle Beach in Darwin with a half load of furniture for Tennant, girl named Pink Pills Daph (nobody in the top end used their correct name in those days!) asked me for a lift South, stopped for a bit of R&R at the Edith river, got to Mataranka, picked up an English ringer been out bush for 6 months, Daphne had not stopped talking since we left Darwin, drove me insane, so I hoisted her up with the ringer to get rid of her thinking after 6 months he could take care of her, bugger me, he hopped down and said, "can I ride in the front with you?' I was glad to get to Tennant and be rid of them both!

anything above the reasoning of a mongrel dog is a waste of time

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds