Skip to main content

For the Whites

More
12 years 3 months ago #66480 by Acar DC7564
Replied by Acar DC7564 on topic Re: For the Whites
Gday I got a few more photos to add to this thread, a few 9s an 4s this time . I will put some more up later .Rob[img][/img]

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #66481 by
Replied by on topic Re: For the Whites
Are you interested in buying another White "Rob" as there is one parked up under a tree its been there awhile now .

Its got a tipper on it. Dave

More
12 years 3 months ago #66482 by Acar DC7564
Howdy Dave , I couldnt possible buy another one mate ! my latest aquisition is parked in the neighbours driveway coz I ran outa room here .Thanks for the offer anyway , not sure about the tipper bit tho , blokes talk about tipper drivers ova here . Hope to catch you on a run later in the year Dave .Rob

More
12 years 3 months ago #66483 by knighty
Replied by knighty on topic Re: For the Whites
Now that's a top collection of white pics, well done boys. jk ;)

Lotsa Big Toys

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66484 by
g'day rob...great pics and keep 'em coming.

mc donalds' 4000 had a 335 and the 36 inch bunk off his old 335 peterbilt (ex tony harbutt of sydney)....he didn't know till years later that he had his own old sleeper box amazingly re-united with him when the bunk was for sale at KW st peters NSW, as he drove his brand new 4000 down from brissy, on his way through on to adelaide

the bunk had been removed from the peterbilt after a prang, when owned by denton french (who had purchased the pete off bruce mc donald)..the whole lot being repaired at st peters but the bunk never went back on.

bruce comes along and unbeknowingly buys his old bunk back!!!

cheers mate

ps note the long door, pull down handle and pete grab handle on the bunk

More
12 years 3 months ago #66485 by Acar DC7564
Gday Detective , great bit of info there ole mate .I do remember Denton French when he was driving the miners tpt. flintstone around 1979 when I started running up there . I remember him as a hard tough well respected "south road runner" , a bloke who chose his words carefully and had skin like leather . I shall add some more pics soon . Rob

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66486 by
rob i believe that denton french was very heavily involved with cyclone tracy with that peterbilt, but as usual...there are grey areas

cheers

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66487 by

This thing has a long bonnet for a Road Boss Richard.

Cam, how about making a phone call to that bloke you know, who used to work at White Trucks ?

Got a funny felling that there were some Road Bosses that did have that extended hood, and made at the Boundary Rd premises too.
One that springs to mind, is one brumbles had, it was made for the Darwin mob, it was rated for road train work, then it came back to Bris and the w@nkers- er drovers, at Long Distance at Acacia Ridge had no idea of how to drive it at all, so H/H at Hendra were told to go get it and put it to some good use.
It had a 3406, Spicer 5 x 4 G/Boxes and Eaton diffs on 6 rod. The bonnet on this particular jigger, was a tad longer and heavier, than the Road Boss I had me dot planted in.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

....the long hood road bosses were evaluated throughout NT and QLD in around 1981, (thirteen?) and reported in T&BT at that time

this may have been an initial trialling for the incoming western star line

idstbc

in all truth i don't think that hume tpt truck is one of these...things to me aren't adding up....any help 'ere bigcam ?

cheers

More
12 years 3 months ago #66488 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: For the Whites
Detective, I'd forgotten to follow that up. There was a short bonnet Road Boss getting around in the day as well. That mob from down your way with the light green and white colours.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66489 by
there were apparently two short bonnet ''american'' road bosses as far as i know, and the green and cream RB still belongs to the marchetti family.

some differences to the local jobs (other than the hood) were single headlights with square bezels, no aluminium surround for the grille.. which was also only silver painted, cab mounted exhausts, painted snyder step tanks and no external sunvisor originally .....

the other one i think was in with brambles(??)

Time to create page: 0.581 seconds