Skip to main content

Early Imported Kenworth pix

More
12 years 6 months ago #66675 by prodrive
And I'm not sure about this old girl, pretty sure she is undergoing a good resto job up the north coast of NSW..

Have a great day you fellas!
cheers
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66676 by prodrive
Now these don't exactly fit the bill of Early Imported Kw's.. But I like em anyway and I hope no one minds em being here!
This one still runs around working, its in its original Intermodal clothes, 903, T bar, looks pretty daggy, but I had a look inside yesterday, it's actually a credit to its owner interior wise... Super original, tidy, clean and straight.. Not what it looks like eh!

More
12 years 6 months ago #66677 by 352rhd
swish,the900 on left was bouncing around sydney 4 years,was resto'd by barbaro bro's who also resto'd a peterbilt by puttinw w bonnet,truck was then owned by a guy they called simple simon.truck had 871 and 16 spicer.it was steel cab and was rusted out,replaced with a cab of a j&j woods truck,wich would make it a hand me down from jones bro's.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66678 by Chocs

swish,the900 on left was bouncing around sydney 4 years,was resto'd by barbaro bro's who also resto'd a peterbilt by puttinw w bonnet,truck was then owned by a guy they called simple simon.truck had 871 and 16 spicer.it was steel cab and was rusted out,replaced with a cab of a j&j woods truck,wich would make it a hand me down from jones bro's.

On good authority...(Kirky)
JJ Woods w model...is in the same yard as the yellow ex Haddads truck (picced above) and was never owned by Morrie Jones..
This truck was originally a cancelled order by Blue Circle..
Jeff and Brian Woods bought that truck at auction from the Shell Oil Company..
Originally powered by a NTC 270..

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 6 months ago #66679 by 352rhd
i know the j&j woods truck your talkin about chocks,this was another one that sat out at bathurst for a fair while.had a 335 in it,really busted arse,ran around sydney for a while on boxes with a ford 4spring arse end.ended up parted out if i remember correctly.the truck should have a shitty red painted dash.

More
12 years 6 months ago #66680 by Chocs
No worries..thanks for that
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 6 months ago #66681 by hayseed

G'day Swishy, what's the go with the slope on the back of the cab on the grey and white cabover bout 5th photo down? Was this an american only thing? I can't say I've ever seen one like that before.

Cheers, Chugga.

G'day Chugga. This is just a 1/2 assed edumicated Guess.

It's so;you can tow a fridge van, stay within the then legal length,& not have the fridge motor do 'you know what' to the back of the cab ::)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 6 months ago #66682 by Chugga

G'day Swishy, what's the go with the slope on the back of the cab on the grey and white cabover bout 5th photo down? Was this an american only thing? I can't say I've ever seen one like that before.

Cheers, Chugga.

G'day Chugga. This is just a 1/2 assed edumicated Guess.

It's so;you can tow a fridge van, stay within the then legal length,& not have the fridge motor do 'you know what' to the back of the cab ::)

Ah, fair enough. Sort of thought that might be the G-O. Thanks 'seed. :)

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 5 months ago #66683 by Swishy

Thanx guys for u're pixtures n info

RE: slope on the back of the cab

Yes the Seedz got it

with trailer fridge equipment mounted to front of of the pan n when the vehicle went thru a gutter when turning the fridge equipment on front could/would foul the back of the truck cab..hence the slope back for clearance
Way back when these trucks went on the Rd the maxium overall length twaz 45 feet (13.72m)
n every inch counted in payload

ButAzAlways
EyeDoSt&2BCorrected

Cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 5 months ago #66684 by Adrian
Re Slope On The Back Of The Cab.

Could this be also a design trait from KW's PACCAR stablemate Peterbilt? Didn't some of the early coe Pete's have that similar slope?

I may stand to ....... well you know the rest! ;)

Adrian

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds