Skip to main content

playing with an old linehaul banger

More
11 years 11 months ago #83400 by werkhorse
BigCam_Jas.......Maaaate can I pinch those photos of Detectives K model for my TNT History ?? all credit to me you etc........ ;) ;D 8-)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #83401 by BigCam_Jas
G'day werkhorse

Yer mate, no worries if will help find some history behind the old jigger by all means..... ;) 8-) P.S its going to cost ya...........lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

More
11 years 10 months ago #83402 by werkhorse
BC_Jas could you message me you real name so that I can credit you properly

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
11 years 10 months ago #83403 by FatBob103
Watching the Kenny with the Cummins start up reminded me of when I was driving an old Foden that had a "slightly" sick 220 Cummins in it for my father in Albany in the 70s. Lots of white smoke every time it started up each morning.
A fibre glass manufacturer moved into the unit next to where we had the trucks stored and did the maintenance work. One mornign I was a bit late (after a night shift) and went down to start up the Foden. White smoke everywhere (it took about two minutes to start) and it filled up our unit and the next one. The bloke who owned the fibreglass factory came out a rate of knots. To this day I swear he came out of the factory unit before the door opened.
:D ;) ;D ::)

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

• Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #83404 by
....well the cat is out of the bag, and nephew Jason (Big Cam_Jas) now has his own ex-linehaul banger to play with!! 8-) 8-) 8-).....

....no less than an old 1976 Kwikasair grey ghost 8x4 rigid cab/chassis (ch/no 401960) ....still with 8V71, 10 stud rims, original bedpost bullbar and most of the other old fruit that these legendary jiggers had in their heyday....

....congratulations to Jason for having a decent crack at the ownership of his first truck, and giving this lovely old rig a second chance for a new beginning...

...PS .. Jay may even throw up a youtube vid of her screamin' her head off !!! ::) ::) ::).....cheers fellas

More
10 years 3 months ago #83405 by wreckerpat
Sounds like a great truck, and makes me even keener to track something down myself.... Anyway here is probably as good a place as any, to mention the ex-Grey Ghost which was owned by a mate of mine from Townsville up until maybe 6 or 8 years ago... #400021 from memory, 8V92 and its still up this way, was speaking to the current owner a while back through my work. I will try to contact him again sometime as his plans were a respray in white and a set of late model doors... ::) :'( Will try to get hold of some old photo's of the jigger and post them here when I can, cheers Pat

More
10 years 3 months ago #83406 by werkhorse
Well Pat .... We are alway glad to see more old kw/old ghost photos :P ;)

400021 .... With the research that's been put in on the ghosts .... I can say that I believe it was a Comet ghost ... Possibly PT224 or within a number or two of that fleet number.

More
10 years 3 months ago #83407 by wreckerpat
Gday Werk, my mate owned it from around the late 70's, the truck was painted black with yellow stripes, set up as a body tipper and dog. Mainly worked local on roadworks etc, pretty sure was used on the Greenvale line construction. Will give him a ring to see about some piccies, or even better try to get him on here too.

By the way, there's also an early slimline cabover siiting neglected in the weather on the side of the highway near Innisfail NQ, been there for years, yellow and white. Seems such a waste, :'( and I'm guessing dozens would have enquired over the years, know anything about that one? Havent been that way for 6 months or so but guessing it'll still be there, cheers Pat

More
10 years 3 months ago #83408 by werkhorse
Have heard about the other one but without a chassis number I can't confirm it is a ghost

More
10 years 3 months ago #83409 by wreckerpat
I'll try to get it for ya. Innisfail is about two and a half hours from me, but I do have a mate there I dont get to see often, sounds like an excuse to get down there one weekend. ;) Detective, sorry for the thread highjack,

cheers Pat

Time to create page: 0.808 seconds