Skip to main content

playing with an old linehaul banger

More
10 years 3 months ago #83410 by werkhorse
Don't worry about Detective .... Reckon he's happy there's another one about :P ;) ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #83411 by
...things are inching forward and dear nephew Jason has been slugging it out all day today getting the old rigid ready and able to be transitted to her next destination.... and screaming along under her own steam!!..... with the endorsement, support and help from his dear old man 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)....

....young blokes having a crack really couldn't ask for much more than that eh?? 8-).....cheers fellas

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
10 years 3 months ago #83412 by BillyP

Tec,
Wouldnt have it any other way,
..............Billy...........

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

More
10 years 2 months ago #83413 by clarkie383
Gotta love the early cabovers.
Just a buggar when you start to collect a few ;)

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #83414 by
...after a couple of weekends worth of slog, i s'pose it's as good a time as any to say we got Jason's old Kwika 8 wheeler down to Melbourne Sunday arvo...screamed along with no issues or dramas and drove pretty nice at about 55 MPH 8-) 8-)...

...i kinda couldn't help but think at the time what these jiggers were like at almost double that speed :o :o :o :o ;D...

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #83415 by werkhorse
I hear Jason has been looking at a shed partner for his 8 wheeler ...... :-X ;) ;D

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by werkhorse.

More
10 years 2 months ago #83416 by clarkie383
I heard the forum scream out for pics of the 8 wheeler!!!!!!!

More
10 years 2 months ago #83417 by BigCam_Jas
Hi guys will post up pictures soon hopefully. :) :) I gotta figure out how to upload them on here again as I used photo bucket last time & now I've forgotten my details, but no stress I will figure it out :D :D Cheers lads.. Lol sorry once again uncle Phil ;D ;D

More
10 years 2 months ago #83418 by oldfulla

Sounds like a great truck, and makes me even keener to track something down myself.... Anyway here is probably as good a place as any, to mention the ex-Grey Ghost which was owned by a mate of mine from Townsville up until maybe 6 or 8 years ago... #400021 from memory, 8V92 and its still up this way, was speaking to the current owner a while back through my work. I will try to contact him again sometime as his plans were a respray in white and a set of late model doors... ::) :'( Will try to get hold of some old photo's of the jigger and post them here when I can, cheers Pat

Pat - what is your mates name? If you dont want to tell the world, then please PM me? Just that I think I might know the guy & the truck.

Oldfulla

More
10 years 2 months ago #83419 by V8Ian

Gday Werk, my mate owned it from around the late 70's, the truck was painted black with yellow stripes, set up as a body tipper and dog. Mainly worked local on roadworks etc, pretty sure was used on the Greenvale line construction. Will give him a ring to see about some piccies, or even better try to get him on here too.

By the way, there's also an early slimline cabover siiting neglected in the weather on the side of the highway near Innisfail NQ, been there for years, yellow and white. Seems such a waste, :'( and I'm guessing dozens would have enquired over the years, know anything about that one? Havent been that way for 6 months or so but guessing it'll still be there, cheers Pat

Would that be the one on the eastern side of the highway between Innisfail and Babinda? If so, until cyclone Larry it was in a shed, post Larry it was supporting said shed. :-[

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds