Skip to main content

playing with an old linehaul banger

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago #83450 by
Here are some pictures at long last...and a short youtube vid as well......

[img

[img

[img

[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
10 years 2 months ago #83451 by BillyP

Tec ,
Yeah ,,good one

To get a good air flow through the cab when travellin .i used to push the r/h mirror ass

as far forward as possible, twist the mirror itself so you can see ok, then open the 1/4

glass. The mirror will force air into the cab, through the 1/4 glass opening. Now keep the

L/H window closed & the air will circulate around behind you ,& exit through the open drivers

window. In the summer time this always kept the cab cool.
........................Billy.....................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
10 years 2 months ago #83452 by BillyP

I think i should have said......( keeps the cab ...slightly..... cooler.) in summer.

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #83453 by
....that's a fascinating bit of info Billy .. you would've had to use whatever tools you had at your disposal to keep comfortable, because i'm pretty sure there were bugger all ''TNT Equipment'' bangers fitted with aircon back in the day....?

...also welcome to the forum HerbW..... ask Dad to tell us a few tales about these crazy days in the workshop :D :D ....cheers fellas

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #83454 by
G'day all .. Glen did his own bit of detective work and pretty much found its ownership history....which is not a very long story!!

...i had purchased the truck from ex ATHS president Gav Spence after he had purchased it from Tasman Pickett, of Pickett's Amusements...she had been sitting for a few years even then and was keeping company in the weeds with an old W Model single drive with a 6 inline GM...

...Gav bought the pair and proceeded to do a first class restoration on the W Model, while the forlorn old cabover needed a happy home.....

...fast forward about ten years and armed with this knowledge, Glen decided to approach Tas Pickett and was told they had bought it directly from TNT....still in her peaches and cream paint at the time, and was duly given a coat of white on the cab...with firstly a blue chassis, then finally red, as it is today...

...Tasman Pickett told how they were running over the West with it and elsewhere, but as the Volvo's started entering the fleet....no-one wanted to drive the noisy old slim KW any more, hence eventually being relegated to the weeds :'( :'(

...so that's it in a nutshell...only two owners who worked her hard, hence her fairly original condition...cheers fellas

More
10 years 2 months ago #83455 by knighty
keep it cummin tective, the ole slimlines are so neat an the stories that go with em are better, and the bullbars are such classics... jk 8-) 8-)

Lotsa Big Toys

More
10 years 2 months ago #83456 by overnite
Don't know if i'd post a video on a public forum showing me driving an unregistered vehicle on a public road. Many have been fined for posting stupid driving things on you tube. ( Not that i'm not suggesting that this is, because we have ALL done it,so please don't misinterpret me), I'm just saying that I wouldn't post a video of it.

• Topic Author
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #83457 by
...yes...point taken overnite .. the truck is under 28 day permit and was being transitted to its repair destination, with a short detour to pick up some parts that had been previously arranged....

....notice their was no screaming through the 'burbs.....

More
10 years 1 month ago #83458 by LYLEXR8
that old Union drilling KW sat around for awhile in that spot, plenty of drilling companies in Kalgoorlie bought them to put drill rigs on the back, needed plenty of room for the rig, 8x4 for the length and weight and day cab cos they all ad support trucks and caravans to be sleeping in out in the middle of nowhere drilling for weeks/months on end, Layne drilling had one as well like this prolly 5 years ago and Ausdrill still have one now with 3 axles on the ass end and a decent sized rig on the back

More
10 years 1 month ago #83459 by 600Dodge
Didn't Union drilling go broke? I thought I saw lots of their rubbish parked on a block only a few days ago? As for ausdrill it looks like most of their rubbish is parked in a yard in the back blocks of Boulder? Maybe time to swoop on some of these day cab shitters if you can afford the exorbitant WA rego.

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds