cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #7022 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Leader Truck
A few fellas, including the late Cyril Anderson might think it gos the other way Swishy.

More
15 years 3 months ago #7023 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Leader Truck
ive never seen a leader cab with any rust

. :)

More
15 years 3 months ago #7024 by ozfarm
Replied by ozfarm on topic Re: Leader Truck
da white leader is 3306 powered which has caused me a few sleepless nites :'( and a fair bit of damage to the cheque account :'( :'( :'( :'(

da blue leader was me 1st leader :-*. twas 3208 power 210 hp

just run in nicely @ 2.2million kliks, she was like paddy,s axe

well the steering wheel was ;D

both piccys where when i bought em

blue leader has departed the scene , white leader is know sporting 6.5m tipping tray & hoist

More
15 years 3 months ago #7025 by ozfarm

ive never seen a leader cab with any rust

. :)

when i was selling the blue leader, had 1 highly intelligent caller, who after he had finished telling me he knew leaders backwards, asked how much rust was in the cab :-/

so i took a deep breath & a few oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
and informed sweet caller he knew jack shit

15 years 3 months ago #7026 by
Replied by on topic Re: Leader Truck

da white leader is 3306 powered which has caused me a few sleepless nites :'( and a fair bit of damage to the cheque account :'( :'( :'( :'(

3306 CAT, eh, what was wrong with the thing ?

Had a 3306 in a White Road Boss, could not kill the bloody thing, no matter what I did to it.

The only problem, came with it from the factory, popped the head at a dump called Banana, had to wait there 4 days before I could be rescued, what a BORING place to get stuck.
Turned out that when they were decking the head with a milling machine, the bloke doing it knocked off for smoko or quit for the day, the idiot stopped the tool 3/4 of the way thru the cut, which left a step of about 5 thou on the head, when the clown started the machine again. This step was directly over the edge of number 6 and it just so happened that when I shut it down, the piston was on the down stroke and water was sucked into number 6.
Air start on this Road Boss and when I hit it, all hell broke loose, the noise was unbelievable as the bolts started popping, me, well I was ten foot away and running hard and fast, before it even stopped makin' noises.
Had that fixed and boy, could it do some work, OK, the horses were Shetlands but the 15 speed made up for lack of that lot.
Whenever asked what motor was in it, I used to tell 'em it was powered by a GRUB,
well,
it was a small caterpillar after all. ;D

regards greenie

More
15 years 3 months ago #7027 by kennymopar2
i hope i have more luck in that bananna town ..im heading up that way next week ..as you say a great place to brake down lol

More
15 years 3 months ago #7028 by ozfarm

3306 CAT, eh, what was wrong with the thing ?

Had a 3306 in a White Road Boss, could not kill the bloody thing, no matter what I did to it.

The only problem, came with it from the factory, popped the head at a dump called Banana, had to wait there 4 days before I could be rescued, what a BORING place to get stuck.
Turned out that when they were decking the head with a milling machine, the bloke doing it knocked off for smoko or quit for the day, the idiot stopped the tool 3/4 of the way thru the cut, which left a step of about 5 thou on the head, when the clown started the machine again. This step was directly over the edge of number 6 and it just so happened that when I shut it down, the piston was on the down stroke and water was sucked into number 6.
Air start on this Road Boss and when I hit it, all hell broke loose, the noise was unbelievable as the bolts started popping, me, well I was ten foot away and running hard and fast, before it even stopped makin' noises.
Had that fixed and boy, could it do some work, OK, the horses were Shetlands but the 15 speed made up for lack of that lot.
Whenever asked what motor was in it, I used to tell 'em it was powered by a GRUB,
well,
it was a small caterpillar after all. ;D

regards greenie

it had a recently rebuilt 3306 in it, rebuilt by a reputable company

turns out, there mechanic got his job cos his knuckles didnt scrape the ground

he manage dto roll the liner O -rings on 6 outta 6 cyl,

More
15 years 3 months ago #7029 by kennymopar2
are you sure his knuckles didnt drag on the ground ?..
i bought a neuss powered acco (with rebuilt engine) the mechanic had used oil on the O rings nstead of rubber grease or dishwashing liqiud etc .. 2 of the sleeves split on a north QLd trip ..
... im a Aussie but i was doing the Haka on the side of the road

More
15 years 3 months ago #7030 by ozfarm
i had 6 hrs on the side of the road on a hot march day to contemplate the issues of the world :'(

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds