Skip to main content

Leader Truck

More
15 years 3 months ago #7031 by ozfarm
Replied by ozfarm on topic Re: Leader Truck
as i had nowwhere to get off on greenmount, meant keeping the beast going until i got over the top

by that time , bits of piston had gone thru the turbo, liner had split & blew the coolant out & turne dthe oil to glug,along with ground up piston
crank was stuffed

ended up a out of chassis rebuild, new camshaft, new crankshaft, counterbores in block were out of spec, main bearing caps loose, so crank tunnel linebored, rods needed 2 thou off

all in all a expensive little excerise, then to top it all off, on its maiden voyage, it locked up on #6, the knuckledragger had booged up the oil pickup tabs with silastic, my mechanic carefully cleaned off , unfortunately for him , a little glob just big enough to block #6 piston cooling jet remained behind, so 1 new liner assem, bearings, gaskets & we had another go at picking up a load of fertiliser
heart rate sped up markedly when i approached the crest of cut hill :o

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #7032 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Leader Truck
tyres and women ..they both give you grey hair
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 11 months ago #7033 by benzine
Replied by benzine on topic Re: Leader Truck
A poor man's Mack???? If only more Australians had the perspicacity & tenacity of Leader Trucks founder then perhaps this country would be exporting tough Aussie built trucks to this day!

Mazda, Kato, UD, Jaguar & Mack are just a few of the brands this man was instrumental in bringing to Australia. My Grandfather who will be 86 this year started working for Cyril Anderson in 1938 and stayed with his company for the next 42 years.

Mark
Canberra

More
14 years 11 months ago #7034 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Leader Truck

A poor man's Mack???? If only more Australians had the perspicacity & tenacity of Leader Trucks founder then perhaps this country would be exporting tough Aussie built trucks to this day!

Mazda, Kato, UD, Jaguar & Mack are just a few of the brands this man was instrumental in bringing to Australia. My Grandfather who will be 86 this year started working for Cyril Anderson in 1938 and stayed with his company for the next 42 years.

Mark
Canberra

Mark,

Have you got a copy of the forum-famous book, Leader Trucks: The Australian Challenger, written and published by Rob Laurent??? It's full of good info on Cyril Anderson, all affiliated companies Cyril ran and all the trucks Cyril ever made (Leader), imported (Mack) and cranes (Kato Australasia), forklifts (TCM) and much more!

If not, grab a copy from www.leadertrucks.com.au/
Joe

Time to create page: 0.448 seconds