Skip to main content

1968 W Model

More
11 years 11 months ago #84944 by Outback Pat
1968 W Model was created by Outback Pat
Finally after a year of negotiating a suitable price, I have final managed to buy it and drive the old girl home. Hopefully the start of a beautiful relationship. More photos to come in a few days

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #84945 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1968 W Model
Congradulations Pat and what a "BEAUTY"...... Would like to know a bit more info about it (engine,trans,ect). Cheers James.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #84946 by
all the best with your new acquisition outback .. this looks like the really nice 335 that has been up there a long time.... originally A A Cooper pastoral co. ch/no 108999

don't mind me outback pat...just having a bit of a guess ! :-/ ;D ;D

11 years 11 months ago #84947 by
Congratulations,good looking bit of gear Pat.Let us know the chassis number.May have some pics of its past. :D :D ;)

11 years 11 months ago #84948 by

all the best with your new acquisition outback .. this looks like the really nice 335 that has been up there a long time.... originally A A Cooper pastoral co. ch/no 108999

don't mind me outback pat...just having a bit of a guess ! :-/ ;D ;D

G'day Detective... If it does have a NTC335 I think you can pretty much collect your winnings with that guess. Cheers James.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #84949 by
....hhmmmm .. just read outback pat's thread in the restoration chat section....series parallel setup for an old W model KW with a 335 etc.... :D :D :D ;D ;D

More
11 years 10 months ago #84950 by Outback Pat
Replied by Outback Pat on topic Re: 1968 W Model
Well Detective is right on the money. Ch/no 108999, NTC 335, 4x4 spicer box, haven't figured out the diffs yet, Hendrickson rear end, armstrong steering. Any info, old photos or stories would be great. The last owner (for over 30yrs) didnt know to much except it came form Atherton, Qld? Have added a few more photos.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #84951 by
I can hear the builder's at Detective's worshop now widening the doorway so he can get it this morning. :D :D :D
I dont know how he does it but keep it up.

Outback
Looks very neat for an old girl.

Trevor

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #84952 by
g'day trev, outback and all .. there is a bunch of decent blokes who swap and exchange infomation on the old australian kenny's, petes, macks and all kinds of other jiggers and i feel fortunate to have been allowed to tap into this goldmine of info and anecdotal stuff, including chassis listings and build sheets that help to build a picture of how and what went on over the years, and all those years ago....it also helps to have a fairly good memory for all the info in...and out !!

your truck pat, is a W924 and was sold in february 1968, assembled in victoria, and delivered in march through the QLD distributorship (brown and hurley?) with the NTC 335, 8542 A main box and 8341 D auxilliary, riding on an FE 901 TW front axle, and SSHD, 6.16 rear axles...not sure about the hendrickson fit...

give B & H a call with your chassis number and see if they can help you....cheers

11 years 10 months ago #84953 by
Thanks for those pics Pat and what a "GEM".....
Its so nice to see such an original looking old KW that hasn't been mongrellised and even better still it still has its 4 & 4 Spicers.
The Hendrickson is original in it with a RTE-440,you can see the extra rear hanger which is what made it a RTE.Also the rears would be SSHD's (44,000lb) Rockwells.Congradulations Pat....
Cheers James.
ps. Detective lists a FE 901 front axle,I think it would be either a FE-900 or FF-901.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds