Skip to main content

Autocar trucks

More
11 years 9 months ago #86142 by Sunshine
Replied by Sunshine on topic Re: Autocar trucks
Saw this one at 3 ways NT April 2011 on its way to Darwin, the other is mine in the Hunter Valley on CRS registration

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86143 by 352rhd
Replied by 352rhd on topic Re: Autocar trucks
that green rigid tipper was originally tj clark's.it is now in the hands of henry's of lithgow.

More
11 years 9 months ago #86144 by Acar DC7564
Replied by Acar DC7564 on topic Re: Autocar trucks
Gday Sunshine , thats an awesome lookin jigger there at threeways mate, still earning its keep .Catch up again Pete . Cheers Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
11 years 9 months ago #86145 by Ozfury
Replied by Ozfury on topic Re: Autocar trucks

Gday Sunshine , thats an awesome lookin jigger there at threeways mate, still earning its keep .Catch up again Pete . Cheers Rob

Looks like big Dennis Payne out of Townsville, a beautiful old jigger.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #86146 by blitz9383
Replied by blitz9383 on topic Re: Autocar trucks
Re: pictures of green autocar now belonging to Henries.

Here are some pictures of her in the original state in Clark's yard, Alexandria. It also was powered by a Cummins engine 5x4 transmission and SQDD diffs originally which were removed by Billy Beck. The suspension was modified from six rod to Henrikson and repowered by Clarks with a Caterpillar. Later it had a road boss cab fitted.

Steve

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by blitz9383.

More
11 years 8 months ago #86147 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Autocar trucks
here is a picture of a truck i almost purchased ,it had made its way down to brisbane from darwin , i am sure it has a cummins 250 and very very heavy diffs and might of had a chassis cut .i am sure it got sold , does anybody know where its gone to...

i lost the pics i had in a computer crash , but spotted this one on the nett tonight , so ,complements to the owner ;)

More
11 years 8 months ago #86148 by Acar DC7564
Replied by Acar DC7564 on topic Re: Autocar trucks
This one is i Carringbahs colours loading wine out of Yalumbas at Angaston in the mid 70s and the photo credits for this one go to Steve Brown from Kurrajong N.S.W. A 1966 DC7564 of CDS Timbers on its a dead ringer of my truck And another of mine when I bought it Cheers Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
11 years 8 months ago #86149 by nutterphillips
Replied by nutterphillips on topic Re: Autocar trucks
There was an Autocar that came in to work(Patlin transport)early one mornin last year about a 70s ish model with a cummins very average condition I had the honnor of drivin it off the float and I snuck it out of the yard and did a few laps around the block snapin up an down the gears befor getin reamed by the boss for muckin around, It ended up in a little yard on freight drive just off cooper St, where it still is as far as I know I had a feeling that the owner was a member of HCVC? I stuck a HCVC display day poster in his fence befor I left to go to Antarctic Last year.

Ex CFA 338n WF Leyland

More
11 years 8 months ago #86150 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Autocar trucks
Hi Rob

Looking at the photo of the one alongside the Kenworth (next to the Theiss watercart), I can't help thinking that it's the one owned by Glenn Reedman which is ex Jones Bros Transport. I'm drawing a long bow but his has round guards and the front bumper is painted up the same......................

Do you know the truck?

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 8 months ago #86151 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: Autocar trucks
Reckon this may be the one you saw nutter. Hope I'm not revealing someone's secret project.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds