Skip to main content

Bush Fire report

More
15 years 2 months ago #7141 by grash
Replied by grash on topic Re: Bush Fire report
Steve Duckett lost his house and museum and the House of Bottles along side also went.
Member John Leadbeater's saved his tractors and truck.
A non member at Kinglake West saved his house and main shed with trucks and engines in it but lost a shed of cars and bikes and another with a truck and steam engine in it.
Part of the Timms collection was lost when a member lost everything but their house at Strathewen.
Other losses I have herd about through the grapevine include an oil engine collection an some Austin Heallys, an almost completely restored Monaro, and some trucks stored in a shed in Kinglake.
These are unconfirmed but from very reliable sources of collections that I personal know of in the kinglake area,add in what I don't know of and you can see that a lot of historical stuff was lost.
Graham.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7142 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bush Fire report
Sad to hear but at least those people sound as if they're around to start collecting again.

Jodi went out to Horsham and Hamilton last week for work and saw some of the fire ravaged areas out there. She noticed a lot of burnt old gear including trucks but was stunned by how "selective" the fire had been. You truly can't read its mind.

She also said I should go for a drive out that way as there are trucks aplenty in paddocks and sheds!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #7143 by SAFirey
Replied by SAFirey on topic Re: Bush Fire report

Hi everyone i had a call from one our members from Christmas Hills Jim Parker HCVC member the fire got close but all is ok and told me he had to milk the Bedford to keep the pump going.

I dont know if anyone tell me if Steve Ducket of Kinglake with that great fire museum which the club visted on same day as the Martins is ok or not Steve was a member back in the dark ages.

And heres another ex member who lived in Marysville a private collection of trucks and cars that were very rare and some members were luckly enough to see it .
This collection belonged to the Sawyer family but i think it might have it was just behind the main st near the river. Dave

Have heard some news that Steve Ducket lost his collection which was next to the House of Bottles. :(

Anyone who knows of other fire collections that were involved let me know.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by SAFirey.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7144 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Bush Fire report 2009
"Unstickying" or moving back into the mainstream after discussuion with othe admins. There has been no activity on the thread for 11 months.
As it is now 2010 any similar catastrophies should have their own thread

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 3 months ago #7145 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bush Fire report
Here's hoping we don't start another such thread.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds