Skip to main content

Kenworth 1st custom built truck for Oz - 50th year

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #91273 by
g'day all .. spoke with Greg Melmoth today and he has asked me to relay this message for any early Kenworth owner interested in displaying their truck, could they please be in the gate before 8.00 am because the pallet sale starts then, and no vehicles will be allowed to move around the display area whilst there are people wandering here and there...public liability insurance being the main consideration

...there is room for around 50 import/pull down handle/rare or interesting early Kenworths to park in the display area, and if need be the Bulla Cream front hardstand area next door is available for further display and truck parking till the conclusion of the pallet sale

... the pallet sale finishes at 1.00 pm and the Kenworth gates are open till around 6.00 pm that evening, so it would be a fantastic day for any and every type of Kenworth, and other makes beyond that, to be part of this very worthy anniversary celebration of 50 years of Ed Camerons Kenworth trucks first travelling our highways

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #91274 by
Swishy

?? So did anyone drop off some flyers too you.

Detective
Great to see Bulla Cream have allowed the use of there front car park area will save anyone getting a fine, its on the South side of Swann Drive (same side as Kenworth's)

Trevor

More
11 years 6 months ago #91275 by ray
G'day Trevor,
I have about 20 flyers I can drop off to Swishy in the morning on my way past if that is any good.

11 years 6 months ago #91276 by
Ray

I think that would be great maybe ask Swishy if he thinks he will need any more.

Trevor

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 6 months ago #91277 by Swishy

Gr8 Day
Met sum new ppl
Put names to faces n faces to names
5 minutes of rain made us duk 4 covr
but twaz a gr8 day with the Cameron Crew there
and special thanx to Greg M and Kenworth Laverton North

Tiz Printer Friendly

this pic of 4 'S' model Kenworth Trucks represents 200 years

Cum on others put u're pix up

Thanx in advance
GiveTillItHurtz

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 6 months ago #91278 by Swishy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
11 years 6 months ago #91279 by Little Cab
Hi Guy's
It was a great day.!! Thanks to everyone who came along. It was great to catch up with friends and put some faces to names. I'd like to thank the HCVC for allowing us to use this fantastic forum to advertise the event. Like the rest of you guy's I'm addicted to this as well and get on for a look whenever I can. Thanks to Swishy and Detective for posting the information about the get together and to Slo Speed for putting me on to Ken at Bulla.Cheers Guys's.Little Cab.

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #91280 by
g'day all .. thanks Greg and Swishy for putting on a great day and it was good to see the turn up of some of these earliest of Ed Cameron's pioneering efforts.... :) :) :)

...all the old kenny's there did the event proud, and even though it wasn't a Cameron import, to me the gong has to go to the big old dinosaur ex Bechtel Pacific extended hood banger....what a mighty big truck for 1972 with its 12V71 and all around big spec...for me it is the epitome of Kenworth's can-do truck building abilities for that era 8-) 8-) 8-) (latterly changed to Cummins KTA 19 litre motive power...too bad swishy ;D ;D ;D)

...i know Ed was extremely proud to see his first four imports lined up there like that, which in itself is an absolute testament to his faith in the product, and the build quality of these trucks....to be able to see this spectacle 50 years after they travelled down a far away assembly line is just pure magic.....cheers

More
11 years 6 months ago #91281 by hayseed
Looks like a Great day was had by ALL....

Just out of curiousity,How many Imported KW's were there today?????

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

11 years 6 months ago #91282 by
g'day hayseed .. eight rolled up with about another half a dozen early Bayswater bangers ....cheers

Time to create page: 0.568 seconds