Skip to main content

Remember When...

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 7 months ago #95192 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Remember When...
1963 a bran new Kenny 14,000 pounds = $28,000.oo

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #95193 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Remember When...
Thats right..

I remember when you could go with your Dad in the truck and learn the right way to do things..
I can also remember him telling me not to throw something out of gear off the top of a hill..
Remembered it real good the first time i did it too! :D
The silence was deafening!

I can remember blowin 12 tyres on a 600k round trip..

And Sunday mornins in the transport yard.. ;)

Ahh the good ol days...maybe they were just old days..

chocs 8-)

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #95194 by q4016lanz
Replied by q4016lanz on topic Re: Remember When...

In the local pub you could get 11 schooners of beer for $2 and a packet of Marlboro was 35 cents

They were the days Tacho :)
When i went to school i got sixpence to by lunch you could buy six potato cakes -scolips for sixpence :)
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by q4016lanz.

More
11 years 7 months ago #95195 by Impalabazz
Replied by Impalabazz on topic Re: Remember When...
I remember when at the ripe old age of 10 (1968) 20c pocket money for school bought a buttered Fingerbun or Hot buttered Roll plus a pack of proper Samboy BBQ chips (5c) at morning recess, a Pie with sauce (8c) and 6x biko's for 2c (choccy coated mini biscuits) for lunch and that left 5c. Milk and OJ were supplied free of charge back then with various companies suppling schools to gain market share. :D On fridays on the way home from school one could (and quite often did) buy 10c worth of chips from the local Fish and Chip shop with extra salt and wrapped in proper newspaper !!. :o

Then I discovered Car and Hotrod magazines,..........no more chips for me, had to prioritise ::)

Then in November we had Cracker night (before it was moved to May then banned all together).....so many choices so little cash.....what has changed !! :-/

"O Lord of merciful acceleration

• Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #95196 by
Replied by on topic Re: Remember When...

Then in November we had Cracker night (before it was moved to May then banned all together).....so many choices so little cash.....what has changed !! :-/

Remember walking home from Brooklyn speedway (Speedbowl) and setting of a couple of penny bangers and blowing apart a few letter boxes. Ahhhhh the good old days

Trevor

More
11 years 7 months ago #95197 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Remember When...
When I went to school 2 bob got you a piece of flake, sixpence of chips and sixpence worth of potato cakes. I remember getting the free milk in the little bottles and being made to drink it even though it had been in the sun all morning. To this day I still can't drink plain milk !!

More
11 years 7 months ago #95198 by hummincummins
Replied by hummincummins on topic Re: Remember When...
I can remember seeing a cheque dad had written out for a 44 (205 lts) of super (yes remember super) petrol delivered to our farm in the back of old mates Vanguard panelvan!!! $14.

More
11 years 7 months ago #95199 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Re: Remember When...
The litres tumbler used to go faster than the dollars tumbler on the petrol pumps at the servo.

When I got my first car (FJ Holden) super petrol was 35 cents per GALLON

Tape measures, verniers, micrometers etc were all graduated in inches.

Two bucks could get you 5 pints (15 ounce) and a mixed grill at the Crafers Pub in the Adelaide Hills.

Smokes were advertised on TV as being good for you, with no ugly pictures on the packets.

No booze buses, speed cameras, red light cameras and all the other revenue collecting equipment they have today.

More
11 years 7 months ago #95200 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Remember When...
Yep collect long neck beer bottle a worth a half penny each
Could buy the broken biscuits from the biscuits tins
6 pence worth of mixed lollies would give you belly ache
Steel rabbit traps were allowed
First TV was b/w and 17 inch screen whao that was after we got power and funny those old round top fridges still work
Could go on for ever

More
11 years 7 months ago #95201 by GRINNIN BIG
Replied by GRINNIN BIG on topic Re: Remember When...
Lollies were 2 for a penny, would walk to corner shop with halfpenny and buy one lollie.
A bit older in primary school grade 6 would sell papers at chardons corner pub for 14 cents a dozen. pay was about $6 a week

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds