Skip to main content

GM or Cummins in this W Model?

More
11 years 5 months ago #100270 by Young Fella
Okay, I thought all the TNT/Comet/KAA W Models had GM's in them. But I was studying this picture closely and now I am confused. Take a look at the 2 bits I have circled. To my eye, the horizontal circle looks like the exhaust pipe from the turbo on a Cummins. And the vertical circle looks like the side of the turbo on a Cummins. Anyone else think the same?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100271 by Scummy
Yer , has that cummins grey-white colour to it . Maybe a subbie hot rod ?

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #100272 by bigcam

Would be a TNT truck I reckon with the way the clearence lights are and lack of sleeper. TNT wern't all one-eyed Detriot fans. All the Road Bosses had 350 Cummins motors and later W models had 3406 CATs in them. Probobly bought one 350 or 400 Cummins to compare it with the 8V92's.

I also remember a TNT Darwin Express W model the same wheelbase no sleeper that had I thought a 400 Cummins in it. Though most 350's got rebuilt into 400's when they had a kit put in them.

tnt
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by bigcam.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100273 by Young Fella
Yep Scummy, I noticed the colour as well. I don't reckon it's a subbies jigger though, I don't reckon a subbie would option a new truck with a day cab and only 3 roof lights! :-?

More
11 years 5 months ago #100274 by Scummy
Just sent an email out to rob sweeney from cummins at the park to see what he comes back with . 8-)

More
11 years 5 months ago #100275 by Young Fella
Thanks Scummy, I'll do that.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100276 by squeak
Had two w models at Comet in Sydne when I was there, one was 236 and was painted in peaches and cream ,the other was probably this one ,was sent to Perth as a local truck in the late 80's, both Cummins powered.

More
11 years 5 months ago #100277 by Scummy

Thanks Scummy, I'll do that.

Ive already done it as he's a mate of mine .

More
11 years 5 months ago #100278 by Young Fella
Thanks Squeak. I think this one is 235.

No time like the present Scummy. You're all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. Let me know what Rob reckons. Thanks mate.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds