Skip to main content

Nullabor Kid's new book

More
11 years 4 months ago #101293 by mammoth
We haven't heard from Ray Gilleland for some time, and an article in this months Owner Driver paper explains why. Apparently he has been in the USA working as a car delivery driver and sightseeing across the entire country doing it. His new book "The Nullabor Kid" has just been published but no other details given. I understand that he was not happy with the first one - "My Way on the Highway" because the publisher gave him little control over content etc. So sounds like he has made amends through this one and I can't wait to get hold of a copy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #101294 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
Big W sells it for $22 .

More
11 years 4 months ago #101295 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
On sale at K Mart $20 dollars. Told my boys it would be nice for Xmas..... Better I go buy it myself. Craig

More
11 years 4 months ago #101296 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book

On sale at K Mart $20 dollars. Told my boys it would be nice for Xmas..... Better I go buy it myself. Craig

I found it's less disappointing if you get it yourself .

More
11 years 4 months ago #101297 by CO4070
Replied by CO4070 on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
Have just recently read it , thought it was good especialy the story of the neighbours rabbit
Merry xmas to all
Greg alias CO4070

11 years 4 months ago #101298 by
Replied by on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
Got this from my better half this morning for Christmas and apparently I'm being ignorant by diving my head in it...
Top read..
Well done Kangaroo1.. :) :) :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #101299 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
Finished it this arvo. An easy read and had me chuckling along the way. It gives a pretty good flavour of the early days of interstate trucking. However I would have to say the Ray's first work, My Way on the Highway is the better. The publishers of the Nullabor Kid have used recycled paper all the way through so the photo's, which are priceless, are not reproduced very well. It would also seem that the pictures have not had the photoshop treatment to bring out their best. There are other contributors to this book but Ray has not introduced them. All in all this is an excellent and accessible book which - by virtue of not being expensive and sold at popular outlets- is bringing interest of old trucks to the general public. ::)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #101300 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
Mammoth
Gudday M8

Have U read any where about pots

"The reserection & returning of the Pots from Left to Right"

LOL

Here B Nulabore Kid (Ray on de left then Ding G M B)

;)

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Swishy.

More
11 years 4 months ago #101301 by werkhorse
Hey fellas, having helped.....just a little bit..... with Ray's book and having a copy of the manuscript it is a bloody good read. I also have all of the original photos which are priceless. A lot of them I helped to extract from his old film footage.....only problem now is that I can't find a copy of the book down here :-/

Should I upload some ??? Any in particular??? Yes I have his permission to do so

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
11 years 4 months ago #101302 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Nullabor Kid's new book
WerkOrse
Gudday M8

RE: Pix

Jist start bung n up

n we'll tell U the ones we don't wanna C

LOL

Last eye heard from him when he left Melb after a short visit bout 5 years ago he twas gunna trace n trak the old hume hwy

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds