Skip to main content

vintage truck insurance

More
11 years 3 months ago #105330 by steamnut
G,day all, after some information on who insures vintage trucks. getting a the round around with some companys. Peter >:(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #105331 by
Replied by on topic Re: vintage truck insurance
Depends on what state you are in.

I use RACV vintage vehicle insurance. I believe NRMA has similar product. Not sure about the other states.

Then there is Shannon's of course.

More
11 years 3 months ago #105332 by Andy Wright
I'm with Shannon's. Joined when in WA and the bloke actually knew what he was insuring. Haven't had that so much over here but...

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
11 years 3 months ago #105333 by steamnut
Sorry forgot to put in that I was in New South Wales
Peter

11 years 3 months ago #105334 by
Then the two main ones that I'm aware of that will do trucks would be NRMA and Shannon's

Not aware of any others. Maybe one of our NSW's people have found some others.

More
11 years 3 months ago #105335 by Dodge fan
I have a number of vehicles with Shannon's and I'm very happy with their services. I had a claim a few years back which could have caused a few problems because of the other party's fault and Shannon's handled it all extremely well. Got a quote for the Dodge which I was totally happy with so it's going with them. I have nothing to gain by recommending them.
Regards Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
11 years 3 months ago #105336 by trucknut
steer clear of the nrma they have no idea of vintage truck insurance they tell you one thing and when u go to insure it they cant do it because they dont insure prime movers.can highly recommend shannons. they have may products such as laid up insurance for those that are still in the restoration stage.

11 years 3 months ago #105337 by
Trucknut It is interesting about your encounter with NRMA. As I understand it the RACV vintage vehicle insurance is exactly the same thing (originally it was provided by NRMA only and not RACV!!!) and that is who I have my ACCO prime move and trailer with. No worries! And both policies detail what they are!

Shannons is certainly the bee's knees for our type of movement. And certainly support the movement also. But always worth shopping around.

I have all my insurances with RACV and never had any problems. However my Steam Portable is insured with Shannon's as a laid up vehicle! Others wouldn't touch it. But I wanted it to be insured when in storage, restoration or in transit which the laid up does cover it for. And since it isn't self propelled it doesn't need anything more than this!

More
11 years 3 months ago #105338 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: vintage truck insurance
My insurance is with Shannon's. When I went to nsur my xp ute RACV wouldn't do it as it was on full rego (well they would but the premium was 1/2 the insured value).

Shannons had no problem with the valuation and when I bought the AR162 they added the truck to the policy for less than the cost of 3rd party Fire & theft from elsewhere. Their staff reviewed my when and where I was driving and actually dropped the premuim when I increased the value as my work location had changed and I was no longer driving the XP to work on a daily basis. It s still insured for an average of 3 days a week and it probably does 1 day every 3 weeks but we like to use it when we go on holidays

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
11 years 3 months ago #105339 by HARDSHAR
I insure everything with Shannons.
When i added the Bedford last year they gave me one month free as all my policies are due in November and it was the begining of October, so a month free.
How often do you get something for nothing from insurers?. They will do me. :) :) :)
Cheers Sharpie.

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds