Skip to main content

AL110 restoration, the early stages

More
7 years 7 months ago #174029 by wombat 46
Just looking ahead a bit,
I am after some suggestions for a front bench seat,
There is nothing at all, just the floor mounts.
What could be some options for the seat?
Also i do not have the front bumper bar?
does anyone know if any other models would fit?
thanks
Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #174032 by Hommie1973
Hi Jim, I have been watching your progress with the inter, looks like it is coming along well. I may know a little of the history of your AL 110, the first picture of it jolted my memory back to when I had my first job in 1969. Send me an email if you would maybe like to know about it from what I can remember. I am fairly sure it is the same ute. Graham

More
7 years 7 months ago #174055 by wombat 46
Many Thanks Graham,
I will follow up on your offer,
Some more progress on the rust repairs,

Finishing off in behind the front seat and floor mount, the third piece being added

The chassis cross beams for the ute tub,

The side floor pieces welded fully and a soft rubber mallet used to knock the wheel well back in shape

Jim
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #174072 by asw120
I do love the mig wire spool mount. It looks remarkably like my own until I found some bits to get mine back in the box. (my spindle fell to bits after I greased it - plastic did not like the grease - I got a generic spindle from a welding supplies)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago #174118 by wombat 46
I am really struggling to get the brake lines sorted out
The main supply feed from the master cylinder runs along across under the box along the chassis rail as far as the 3 way "T"
Just more confused now as the banjo tees are not available in 5/8 UNF threads anymore The banjo is a 7/16 UNF fine thread
I have to decide what options I have
Cheers
Jim

More
7 years 7 months ago #174124 by asw120
I came across one of these the other day, the brass bit with rusty stuff attached (remains of hose end and nut and two pipes. Is that the bit you're missing, or the actual banjo bolt? (or is it the one further back where the main feed goes in?)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #174131 by wombat 46
This is where i am up to with the brakes,
i have connected the master cylinder in, the same pipe as in ASW photo above,
From the master, pipe goes through the chassis rail, forward to gearbox cross member, across under box, to the other side, LH.
Then meets the rear line, inside chassis rail, bends and goes forward again to the left hand front wheel banjo fitting, which i do not have.
photo below showing 3 pipes and the banjo bolt into the Left front rubber hose.

Looking at the photo above, top left pipe is rear feed, top right is RH front feed, centre is banjo bolt LH front feed and bottom left is the main supply from the Master cylinder
The best option may be to cut the rear line, where the supply feed comes from the gear box cross member and 'T' in the feed,
This would then give me a two way banjo on the left hand front as in ASW photo above
Any suggestion welcome, i will also need the parts required, as the local brake supplier only has computer listed metric parts!

Thanks
Jim
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by wombat 46. Reason: more info

More
7 years 7 months ago #174146 by asw120
Let me dig out that part. I just had the old bombadore wagon it's in going this afternoon.

There's no banjo bolt in it, it might be the bit you're missing. I don't remember if it's off an AR, or AS 110.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago #174152 by asw120
The parts book tells the story - looks like it's the same part - banjo bolt, or pipe. Gimme a few days.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 7 months ago #174155 by asw120
Do you have a hollow bolt in your collection? Looks to be a banjo bolt with a threaded head for the inlet pipe. p/n 95525H in the book.

Goes up to early AS line in 130 series only.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds