Skip to main content

A lil wotzit from another forum

More
12 years 9 months ago #57888 by Roderick Smith
In this highly confusing and protracted thread, I believe that the answer has not been revealed yet.

This is a tool used by zoologists when circumcising whales, using four skin divers.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News victoria Editor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #57889 by Bugly

In this highly confusing and protracted thread, I believe that the answer has not been revealed yet.

This is a tool used by zoologists when circumcising whales, using four skin divers.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News victoria Editor

Only works on sperm whales though ;D ;D ;D

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 9 months ago #57890 by Eddy

Give up and post an answer, or a link to the site it came from.

Original poster don't know what it is either ... main reason he posted it ... :D

Eddy - well off-topic, but I laughed and laughed today about your response to the fellow with the ballet shoes. ;D ;D ;D I notice that the post has been removed though. :'( :'( :'(

That was my fault, sorry, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sad to see it go ... had potential I thought ...

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
12 years 8 months ago #57891 by Digger

Give up and post an answer, or a link to the site it came from.

Original poster don't know what it is either ... main reason he posted it ... :D

Eddy - well off-topic, but I laughed and laughed today about your response to the fellow with the ballet shoes. ;D ;D ;D I notice that the post has been removed though. :'( :'( :'(

That was my fault, sorry, ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sad to see it go ... had potential I thought ...

This topic is getting tired at best ---however.
FWIW.
I suggest some good book (s) or an old time`r leather maker might advise it as being a tool for laying out strands of leather for plaiting belts or whips.
Much like a weavers loom uses a (shuttle is it ?) to tighten up or straighten the weave as you go along.
Seems to be fed into from the wider flared end and hand held.
No adjustment visible for different thick ness of strands /laces.
Rollers to pull it over and keep the work in place/ or a number of strands separated.
May be just to flatten out the finished job neatly on say a multi stranded plait belt or saddle girth /reins /.

Suggest to original poster.
Send the article photos to "the collectors" program on TV they dig up some amazing stuff like this on old and forgotten hand tools used in days gone by.
They accept queries via photos.
There`s a link to start from here.

www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/

Digger.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds