Skip to main content

Members area

• Topic Author
16 years 3 weeks ago #1387 by
Members area was created by
I would like see the members area become more excessable to non club members as we have seen by the moving of Micheal Kerrigan's Vale.
Keep the subjects but open to all if want to air somthing you can send them a message or email them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #1388 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Members area
If we are going to open it up I think it should be to all Forum Members (which is what I thought it was) rather than another public open area. Personally I feel we need somewhere were we can discuss either HCVC or Forum issues that are not open to the public in general (and thus search engines etc.)

I put Michael's passing thread in that area and people later suggested it was the wrong place and, after thinking about it, I agreed so I moved it. Just because a thread is in the wrong place once does not mean it has to be opened as a public area.

I have moved other people's threads when I felt they were in the wrong place too. That is part of the job of a Moderator or an Administrator.

There is always a chance someone can open something in the wrong area or that the conversation inside the thread evolves so it would be better in a different area in which case the thread may need to be moved anyway.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 16 years 3 weeks ago by bparo.

• Topic Author
16 years 3 weeks ago #1389 by
Replied by on topic Re: Members area
I would recommend and prefer that the members area remain as is. A place where HCVC members can privately discuss HCVC items is required.

As Bparo has indicated that sometimes things either get moved or accidentally posted in the wrong place but at the end of the day we are only human.

I think that in the end the Michael's passing thread ended up in the correct spot. The General board and the forum FAQ is the correct spot to discuss forum wide items. Not the members only area.

• Topic Author
16 years 3 weeks ago - 16 years 3 weeks ago #1390 by
Replied by on topic Re: Members area
I have created a vote in the Members area for HCVC members to indicate there preference.

Will point out that the purpose of the members area and some of the original areas are clearly defined in the "Welcome to the Forum" post that appears at the top of each area.

If you are a HCVC member and don't have access to the members talk area please send email or PM to myself or bparo with your forum username and your real name so that we can add you to the HCVC forum group.

Time to create page: 1.647 seconds