Skip to main content

missing clip from Dodge AT4 windscreen wipers

More
2 years 9 months ago #223714 by 180wannabe
Not quite jon_d, what i sent Bruce is just a flat slide on clip. An E clip probably would have done the job, but i think would have been pretty tricky to fit in such an awkward spot. The clip i removed from the Dodge wreck here has a bit more to hang on to.

Well i hope what i have sent Bruce is the bit he needs......................! We should all find out sometime next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #223733 by bparo
when it arrives I will grab a picture. Trying to get a photo of it in situation may be a problem. My mechanic has insisted that I take it to him to do (for free) as he suspects it slipped through the roadworthy and shouldn't have although to be fair it appeared to be working with a 2 minute test. It was when I actually drove in the rain that it failed and we found it was moving on good faith using gunk as the clip was missing

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 8 months ago #223868 by bparo
The clip arrived today thank you very much.

Here is a picture of it. It's attached to a business cars and the pen is there to give an indication of size

He also included this photo taken at the Craddock Hotel on the Quorn run in 2018.

Hopefully we can bring the Dodge to a South Australian branch. run in the future . We want to

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #223871 by 180wannabe
Glad to hear you have received it.

I have been thinking, it might pay to paint that clip bright yellow before you fit it. It is going to be a tricky job in such a tight spot, and if you happen to drop it....................... Just an idea.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #223875 by hayseed
Half Hitch a bit of Fishing Line to It, will make it easy to retrieve..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #223952 by bparo
I walked into my local autobarn and said "I want the cheapest, brightest paint you have to paint a small clip that has to go hidden behind the dash"

"Sounds like someone is trying to prevent a problem from happening - must be the voice of experience!"

"No it's the voice other people's esperience!" I replied

"That's even smarter, no that's not your price Bruce let me calculate yours (which was about 1/2 the marked price)"

so tomorrow when it;s meant to be warmer some painting will be done

My mechanic told me to take the clip and dodge to him 'As they're a bars&&&d when you know what your doing and I have done several"

The fishing line idea hasn't been forgotten either

The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, cobbadog

More
2 years 8 months ago #224135 by bparo
ok the clip was given a rough (very) coat of yellow paint over the weekend and I went to the mechanic today. He looked at where it went, removed the glove box and slotted it straight in with no dramas,

While the glove box was out we noticed the wiper mechanism was rubbing on the air conditioning ducting as it was pushed back by the glovebox so we shortened the glove box by a couple of inches and fixed that too.

Now the small (11 inch) west coast mirrors are being fitted and he wants to check a couple of things to make sure they are right as they have settled in with the driving this year. All going well I hope to take it for a spin this weekend. Looks like the trip to Deniliquin is not going work with the border issues so maybe Gunbower for a pub lunch (weather permitting ). I will be sticking to the soft stuff and let Helen have a wine or 2 ( and may even get me in the good books for a change)

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224203 by bparo
As predicted I was driving the dodge back from getting the windscreen wipers fixed when the police doing border checks pulled me over. For those not near the border they are not actually blocking the bridge but using a booze bus set-up which moves to different locations within Echuca and often Rochester, Elmore, Kyabram etc.
Anyway as I drive past the vehicles in front of me were waved past but myself and the car behind me were waved in. As I drive in the officer gets busy on the tablet bringing up the registration.
"Nice car is it yours" he asked
"Yes it is" I reply
"It sounds good too. where have you been? Interstate?"
"No been to my mechanic getting the windscreen wipers fixed"
" Nice car, take care and have a great day " he said with a big thumbs up. The other officers I drove past when leaving the area gave me a big thumbs up with huge grins.
No licence check nor did they check if the logbook had been filled out ( it was)

Here is a picture with the new mirrors. I am not sure whether to leave them black or to add a couple of scrolls like there are on the bodywork. The old mirrors looked better in pictures but you couldn't see anything with them. Hopefully if we put a small caravan behind the dodge these will work as towing mirrors too

We had planned to go on a cruise in the Dodge and have a picnic this weekend but Victorian lockdown was announced as I was backing up the drive! :(

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by bparo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 8 months ago #224208 by 600Dodge
I tried those mirrors on my Dodge but didnt like they way they stuck up at an angle, I swapped them onto my F350 which has a much flatter door profile where they can sit almost vertical and went tor the kit with more adjustability for the Dodge to get a vertical mirror angle.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224210 by bparo
The angle doesn't worry me. It took a lot of running around to source brackets which held close to the cab. I didn't want to go too wide as the tray is only cab width and if too big would look like Dumbo

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds