Skip to main content

missing clip from Dodge AT4 windscreen wipers

More
2 years 8 months ago #224213 by cobbadog
You must be very pleased with the final job and now it is time to enjoy it. It looks great!.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224214 by Morris
Hello your Bruceness, the mirror brackets sticking up was the first thing I noticed as well. Can you simply bend them until they are horizontal and the mirrors vertical. The Dodge-ldn (think about it) would look better.

It is a pity that you cannot take her Helenness out to lunch this weekend but at least we are still on the green side of the grass!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224222 by overnite
I too cannot drive without my mirrors being 100% vertical, and all framework square and clean glass.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by overnite.

More
2 years 8 months ago #224301 by bparo
a couple of things about the mirror brackets as the mechanic did look at straightening them however:
1) the tube is very thick walled (over 1/4 inch thick) so not easily bent without using heat
2) they appear to be powder coated so any heat hot enough will stuff that meaning they need to be sandblasted and recoated which amounts to several hundred dollars and transport to towns hundreds of km away to get the work done
3) the other option was to maybe weld or bolt an extension to the top arm but that still leaves problem 2)

It's a lot of work and expense to make mirrors straight only to have another driver hit them and need to do all the work again!. I would rather spend the money turning 98 into noise!

One thing is these mirrors are firm. They don't shake at all unlike those on my old inter. They also stay where you adjust them. Even with bolts as tight as you could get the old inter used to vibrate them out of position.

The mirrors are a lot better than the peep mirrors that were there which passed a roadworthy but you couldn't see anything out of. I couldn't get them to adjust to see the back corners of the dodge. I can now see the back corners of the vehicle when reversing and what's in the lane beside me.

Having lived on a dirt road amongst farms I got used to having a bit of dust on the mirrors, Yes they would get washed every week or if they got too dirty between times but rarely at home as all it did was stick the dust to the wet mirror.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds