Skip to main content

12 volt generator

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36791 by
12 volt generator was created by
I'm looking for a 12 volt C45 Generator with a good armature as I'm converting my 34 Bedford from 6 volt to 12 volt. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #36792 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: 12 volt generator
It wont be original then Dave, you start introducing this modern technology and it might break down more often.

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36793 by
Replied by on topic Re: 12 volt generator
I'm doing this so I can do the Sydney - Melbourne express in less then 2 days . ;D ;D

BUT REALLY I DO NEED ONE IF NOT ANY NUMBER.Dave

More
13 years 6 months ago #36794 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: 12 volt generator
Dave, I think the poms might have this conversion sorted by using electronic doo dads

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36795 by
so where do yo get these "doo dads ???? :o

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #36796 by
Dave - if you have any Kiwi mates, you can bid on this C45 that's on TradeMe right now. With a very favourable AU$/NZ$ exchange rate right now, you could acquire a very reasonably priced, brand new C45 generator.
Of course, you'll also have to ask the dumb Kiwi who's selling it, why he didn't state what voltage it is? ::)

www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-pa...uction-328174599.htm

Now, why anyone would want to buy a Prince of Darkness generator, is beyond me .. is this because you like travelling in the dark, with no electrics working?? .. or do you just like watching smoke come out of electrical items? .. ;D ;D

Mammoth - The only "doo-dads" I've found in relation to C45 conversions, is the Yanks and Poms doing one-wire alternator conversions, by installing a small alternator inside the C45 housing.
Seems like you need to hand over your first-born to acquire one .. the Poms want

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36797 by
Thanks Ron I have joined trade me so will have go once I find out how much the freight will be . Dave

More
13 years 6 months ago #36798 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: 12 volt generator
Dave, did you ring Midlands???

Transport to Swishy's will be free of course...
unless you are coming for the swap meet.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36799 by
Dave - I'm not sure that we Aussies can bid directly on TradeMe, because it appears that you need to have a NZ bank account to trade on there.
I'd say you might have to arrange a deal with a Kiwi to buy the generator and freight it.
Make sure you check up on postage/freight costs, weight is a real killer on this stuff, particularly if it goes by air.

I'm not sure if there's any surface mail between Australia and NZ any more, all surface mail got canned a few years ago, when ocean shipping got very dear .. but I noticed, that when the Great Financial Crunch hit, ships started getting parked up, and surface shipping re-appeared on Australia Posts website.

• Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #36800 by

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds