Skip to main content

Old photos

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #115296 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Old photos
fantastic jeffo I like any old photos of that era especialy video's . I tell you what only worked out last night that there was video's I'm not real bright but they made my day thanks Paul [smiley=cool.gif] oh yeah and did Roland see the Deutz ?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #115297 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Re: Old photos
Apologies for the poor quality, I have the 8mm movies but transferring them to digital is proving a challenge.
I think the cheapest and least troublesome for their owners were the Cummins Inters. Their only worry was the wet liner "O" rings sometimes failed and your sump filled with water.
555 Cummins Inters were very new so I don't know how well they survived.
F86 and G88 Volvos had no obvious faults.
Likewise the Mercs, a bit down on Hp though.
The MAN's wore out bull gears like plastic.
Unfortunately the Deutz was not a happy purchase, it cracked heads constantly and had the owner a nervous wreck each time he turned her off, listening for that CRACK.
The V8 Mack behind the Deutz was an odd one, it had a factory pusher axle. Massive piece of gear "U" shaped over the propshaft. A very heavy tare though.
2-stroke Commers were at the end of their production run by then, some owners tried the V8 petrol Dodge. One dropped in a 6V53.
Our 680 Leylands stripped head studs and had the factory gearbox design faults. Pulled like crazy though.
ERGOS initially had cooling problems as well.
The tare had to be kept extremely low to cross the city traffic bridge or we all would have been driving Macks.

10 years 11 months ago #115298 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old photos
jeffo: Fantastic pics and video's, seeing the Quince's name on the door of the
Mainline ute sure bought back memory's of traveling around brisbane many
years a go. In the Classifieds of the latest Vintage Trucks & Commercials magazine,
there is a single drive Beaver for Sale.
LN 700 :)

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds