Skip to main content

old white truck

More
10 years 8 months ago #123658 by Old white
old white truck was created by Old white
Hi there, first post.
I have an old white wc 22 with a few non original changes.
I have uncovered some original and great signage in good nick, on the doors and roof.
J.Meloy Limited.and address, ph number, etc, on doors also J.Meloy Carriers right across above the windscreen and and random fleet numbers on body.
limited info on this fella and company. yard was in Glebe in Sydney and he died in 1931 but his wife and other managers carried on, although not sure when the business shut, this truck is a 1956 WC 22 and is set up as a prime mover bogie drive, but was not original. Any info would be greatly appreciated. But really i am interested in opinions on whether i should salvage the original signage, and if so, how.
cheer, Michael.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #123659 by RB892
Replied by RB892 on topic Re: old white truck
Hey Michael,
Welcome ,I am fairly new to this myself and also have a WC22 upon which I have made a tentative start. Would be good to see a photo if you can get on on here.They are a stylish old bit of gear. cheers Tom. :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #123660 by Old white
Replied by Old white on topic Re: old white truck
Thanks, Tom will post some photos when i figure it out.
cheers Michael.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #123661 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: old white truck
Have a look here for posting photos, Michael.

www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1170808619

In short, you need to upload the photos to a hosting site and then copy and paste each photo's link on here. If they don't already come with [img] at either end you can add that by clicking the third button from top left above (when typing a post) or just typing in [img] and [/img.] and putting the photo's link between them (remove the . I added that so it didn't think I'd added a photo!).

If you have any probs, send the photos through to me and I'll put them up. Always partial to a White!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Andy Wright.

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds