Skip to main content

Blue Metal & Gravel Prop

More
9 years 4 months ago #131561 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Re: Blue Metal & Gravel Prop
Just a little bit mind blowing - there is a tin of this in dark green in the lift motor room of the goods lift at the old brewery at 501 Ann St Brisbane. (I service the lifts there, although we have just lost the service contract. I don't know if I will get back there - the goods lift is a sight to behold with chainwire landing doors and collapsible gates)
Lift went in about 1940, tin of paint not sure!

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• BillyP
  • Topic Author
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
9 years 4 months ago #131562 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: Blue Metal & Gravel Prop
Yeah , Goog stuff that paint, didnt have a skin on it at all.

Don...
There was a lot of red wheel barrows & garden tools around the district!!!!!!!!!!!.........

Yeah i was there when that bingle occured, heard about it that night, (the grape vine is a mighty thing)

A little story

At that time when Mascot was on, there was a bloke (Peter Siveira) operatin a CAT rear dump in the quarry

on the night shift.......Years later when i was with Alltrans cartin bricks, (before the KW s fronted on the

scene)..i zips out of the yard onto Elizabeth Dr headen towards Liverpool,,past Walgrove Rd & down

through the esses (where we always used to scoot along) ...Next thing i am rounded up by one

of the Alltrans gravel trucks ,....( Ex ghost movers draggin tippin trailers)...

As it goes past the driver gives me a wave ,(well ill be buggered......if it wasnt Peter himself.)

So there you go ...........you never know who you are goin to see around the traps.

( i thought that was interestin any way !!!!! ) ................Billy.................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds