Skip to main content

waukesha engine

More
10 years 3 months ago #136576 by kaysee
waukesha engine was created by kaysee
Hi I'm new to this forum, and would like to post a photo or two of an old wreck of a truck that was up in the bush near where I used to live,at Cravensville in the tallangatta valley (vic) I don't know the make ,but it had a "WAUKESHA" motor in it, the top is off the top of the gear box and it has a chain drive , I think to the transfer box, it had been used a jinker and it seems on its last trip it had over heated, seized up and that is where she has stayed all these years. any body know any thing about these trucks with that motor?I'm a dumb B-- with computers although Iread the bit about posting pics I dont understand it, would one of the admin blokes give me an email address that i could email the pics to and post them here for me? (I think the photos are quite interesting) KC. :-[ [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #136577 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: waukesha engine
Would love to see the pictures - instructions are in the FAQ section.
Waukesha supplied engines to a number of different manufacturers. Then, as now, the Yanks assembled parts made by others rather than the pommy & Euro way where they made everything in house. When we see some pictures we might be able to nail down the make. Is it going to be rescued?

More
10 years 3 months ago #136578 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: waukesha engine
kaysee sent you a PM with my email seeya

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 3 months ago #136579 by Mrsmackpaul

there you go kaysee not sure how to make bigger some much smarter than me can sort my mess out :D

Paul

More
10 years 3 months ago #136580 by kaysee
Replied by kaysee on topic Re: waukesha engine
thanks Paul, I will send you another of the chain drive in the gear box if that is ok with you? KC.

More
10 years 3 months ago #136581 by Brett42
Replied by Brett42 on topic Re: waukesha engine
Hi Guy's,
The truck is an ex-Australian Army FWD. Looks like it has seen better days... :'(

Kaysee - Is the front grille or doors still around? I have a mate who is looking for these parts. Could you let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Brett.

More
10 years 3 months ago #136582 by kaysee
Replied by kaysee on topic Re: waukesha engine
Hi Brett, I did not see them but I wasn't looking , When we came across it I took the photos because it was an interesting find. it is on the Gibb road up the top end of the tallangatta valley

More
10 years 3 months ago #136583 by Mrsmackpaul

there you go no problems seeya

Paul

More
10 years 2 months ago #136584 by kw573
Replied by kw573 on topic Re: waukesha engine
Hi all,

The spider wheels make it an FWD Model HAR.
They are a chain drive single speed transfer case with a locking center diff (!!!)
The engine will be a model BZ. There was a bloke in WA looking for parts for one of those engines late last year.
They were a hard cab military truck from WW2.
There were also soft cab model, HAR-01, with Budd type wheels used by the Australian Air Force (I believe) for towing radar stuff around. Not a popular truck with the troops, I'm told.
I have a mate rebuilding a HAR-01, fitting an Isuzu diesel and I have a maintenance manual of the HAR. Pics, etc freely shared.

Have a nice day.
Sam.

WW2 Jeep (Daily Driver)
Diamond T 969 (Under restoration)
Kenworth 573 (Yard truck)
WW2 Water trailer
WW2 Blitz 3 ton GS dog trailer

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds