Skip to main content

Maple Leaf Up forum...anyone here a member?

More
10 years 2 months ago #137058 by JollyGreenSlugg
G'day folks,

In my search for information about WW2 use of various vehicles, I've found the MLU forum. It looks spot on for what I need; much like this forum, but with a worldwide focus particularly on the military use of various vehicles during WW2.

Unfortunately, registration is closed due to the passing of the founder, and I'm unable to become a member. It's a shame as I've been able to find all sorts of knowledgeable people and helpful posts, and I'm unable to join in the discussions.

I'm wondering if anyone here is a member, and would be willing to either post a message on my behalf, or pass my details on to some members there, please? There's a regular poster who lives half an hour from me, and I reckon there's a great deal that he could teach me.

If anyone was willing and able to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers,
Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #137059 by allan
There is an issue with registering, but they do still accept new members.

The explanation is at MLU Admin > TAC HQ

www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19447

More
10 years 2 months ago #137060 by haig
Hi JollyGreenSlug,
Have had same problem myself, but am told worth the trouble to become a member. Let us know how you go.
regards Haig

More
10 years 2 months ago #137061 by Lang
Jollygreenslug

I have been a member for years (my only other forum apart from this)

I know quite a number of the truck forum members also belong to MLU. I am sure you can still join, just go to the HQ section.

There is a vast amount of info on Commonwealth army vehicles and equipment - they don't exclude the Yanks but have a big slant on Commonwealth and other nation stuff.

Lang

More
10 years 2 months ago #137062 by JollyGreenSlugg
Thanks very much, folks.

I sent an email off a while back, then tried again last week. Haven't heard anything yet, but am hoping. Gave all of my details so it'd be clear that I'm fair dinkum.

I've really enjoyed what I've read, although the previous small thumbnails make it very hard to see, given that non-members don't get a result when they click on thumbs.

Here's hoping that those in charge will look favourably on my request.

Cheers,
Matt

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #137063 by Lang
JGS

I can't see any problem with getting on to MLU Forum.

Just click this link to the forum main page then click "REGISTER"

www.mapleleafup.net/forums/

***Just checked with the Forum Administrator, Hanno Spoelstra, and you are right. There is a big backlog of applicants being held while he tries to sort out SPAM attacks as there have been some very sophisticated hackers posing as new registrants.

Lang
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Lang.

More
10 years 2 months ago #137064 by mammoth
Lang, I guess you don't see the registration denied message because you are already a member. :'( :'(

More
10 years 1 month ago #137065 by wedgetail84
how'd you get on? I joined recently but it took over a year for my application to go through and they never answered emails... What's your username I'll see if i can make a post/pm a mod?

More
10 years 1 month ago #137066 by Lang
This is a copy and paste from Hanno's last post:

Currently working on installing anti-spam measures, I simply cannot process all new membership requests manually.

All new applicants will have to wait until further notice, I'm afraid.

Hanno

More
10 years 1 month ago #137067 by oldCMP
Hi all
We're currently working to fix the registration problems on MLU - apologies for difficulty... please contact me and I will register you.
Keith
oldcmp.net (at) gmail.com

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds