Skip to main content

Rudder's Limited

More
8 years 2 months ago #168194 by Commrail
Rudder's Limited was created by Commrail
Hello HCVC Members,

I would appreciate any information regarding the operations of Rudder's Limited, forwarding agents, particularly in South Australia, in the period 1945 to 1963 approx, when the business was reconstituted as Cargo Limited. An internet search uncovers surprisingly little, considering Rudder's significance in the transport industry.

Did Rudders have an Adelaide facility, what vehicle types were employed, and what was the firm's livery? ( I know that the business had a 1938 Ford, a White Super Power, and assorted Bedfords at its Pyrmont outlet in Sydney in the late 1940s). I presume Rudder's employed sub contractors, and used the truck piggyback service operated by Commonwealth Railways across the Nullabor. If so, particulars of owners, vehicles, and approximate dates would be very welcome. Pictures would be terrific.

My apologies if the subject has been dealt with elsewhere. Forum or publication details would be gratefully received.

I look forward to replies, no matter how limited the content. .

Kind regards,

Commrail

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #168208 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Rudder's Limited
Check out the latest issue of Vintage Trucks and Commercials magazine (issue 34) ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
8 years 2 months ago #168211 by Commrail
Replied by Commrail on topic Rudder's Limited
Hello Werkhorse,

Many thanks for the advice.
Regards,
Commrail

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds