Skip to main content

1976 Scania 81 - workshop and driver's manual wanted

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #181695 by Erik
Hi All,
I have a 1976 twin steer Scania LB? 81 and I'm looking for a workshop manual for it and maybe even just a drivers book to tell me what each of the dash lights are supposed to be and how to turn the lights on and off.
For some reason, there isn't much info on the web about this model. Is it a 1 series or what? Any idea what I am supposed to be searching for or does someone out there actually have the books I am looking for?

Regards, Erik

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181730 by mammoth
Don't know much about Scanias but suggest you also look for 110/111 stuff as they were far more common in Aus and probably had the same cab. just guessn

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181732 by Oilman
Hi Erik, I have an instruction book for LB81/86/111. We had an LK111 and apparently they didn't bother producing a separate book, they gave you this one with a separate sheet telling you what was different. I wouldn't let this one go, but I could probably scan it sometime, if you can't find an original.

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181739 by Erik
I have done that, but they are a fair bit different, as they moved to all electronic controls between the two models, from the looks of it.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181740 by Erik
That might be useful Oilman. What topics do they cover? I would like to know things as simple as how to turn on the lights, or more specifically off. I am also having trouble tilting the cab and need to know I am doing the right thing. Does it tell you things like what sort of gearbox and diffs it has?

Regards, Erik

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181751 by Oilman
It is 94 pages long and covers most topics under thr headings of RUNNING INSTRUCTIONS, MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS and TECHNICAL DATA. I'll try and scan it next time I'm in the office.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #181863 by Erik
That would be very nice of you.
Erik

More
7 years 1 week ago #182235 by Oilman
Erik - I have sent you a PM.

More
7 years 6 days ago #182395 by Tatra
If all fails, you may want to join the Swedish equivalent of the HCVC forum and ask. Most Scandinavians have good command of the English language but you can also use Google or Bing translate to get ahead.

www.veteranlastbilar.se/phpBB3/viewforum...9c12b036e4a966a97a7c

Trucknet UK may be also useful. There may be some English language literature floating around in Pommyland.

www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=35

Time to create page: 0.543 seconds