Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
From the 1970's
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, IHScout, xspanrman, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #222130 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, overlander, asw120, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 11 months ago #222145 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. The Mcdonald's photos were taken in 1978 I reckon except for when it was tricked up to embarrass Mr Malone and that was taken at Calder if I remember correctly- I took a flight from Launceston for the drags, had a catch-up with Detco chums, got pissed and went back to Launceston. When Barry Schrapel had the truck from new I reckon the photo was taken around 1974 or there abouts. With the next lot of 5 they were taken by by cousin and I used to get prints from his slides {remember them?]. The Atkinson was a Riverland Transport taken in'73, the M N 'R' model was taken in '72 as was Rob Henderson's M A N- I used to go with Rob during school holidays on trips to Sydney- Rob started his interstate life with IPEC/ Rex with a 650 M A N, kept it when he finished with IPEC and then upgraded to the 9215FCS. A lot of my early photos have that trucks stone guard in them. That photo was taken in '72 as was the red Merc belonging to a J Manning. The red Mack was taken in 1973- nearly 40 years ago. Stay tuned for future updates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 years 10 months ago #222264 by PaulFH
Instamatic Pic's Early 1970's
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 10 months ago #222265 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, asw120, roKWiz, Tacho, V8Ian, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
2 years 10 months ago #222270 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. Bit of a blast from the past- I reckon I took these in '72 or '73. The W model was Copper City Transport, a Bunker Acco, Roper's Haulage M A N 14215FCS, Robinvale Sydney Transport Group No 14 taken at the Caltex in Pooraka and it's a possibility that the KMR XT5 is John Collins' and then there is Rocci Cricelli's 1418LS taken at Naranderra. Makes a bloke wish he had a better camera then and could afford color film. Reckon I'll stick with the Instamatics for the next lot as well- nearly 50 years ago I seem to have been more interested in getting photos of trucks than paying attention to girls. Next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz, squeak, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
2 years 10 months ago #222280 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Overlander's old Photos
Actually, some historians are lamenting the use of colour film, particularly slides as the quality degrades over time. On the other hand B&W is good for 100+ years.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222283 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Overlander's old Photos
All my Instamatic pics from the 70s are nearly white.....I have lots of slides too,havent looked at them for dunno how long ...lot of army surplus trucks on them...I think.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222299 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Overlander's old Photos
I remember printing off some pics that Mum took while on holidayup in the NT. I ought the proper paper and printed them. Looked great so I gave Ma the ones she wanted and I printed a couple of spares. One I sat in the window and it totally lost the image back to being plain white and the other one I sat on the coffee table went the same way but took a lot longer and the last was in a draw and it lost colour but you could still see what it was.
Pics taken using the old 35mm film are still good today more than 30 years old but I must confess I do like my digital pics although you do need a device to view them on I have not lost one yet.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222316 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.662 seconds