Skip to main content

Overlander's Truck Brochures

More
2 years 9 months ago #224046 by wouldyou
Hello Overlander,
Some truck books, mostly tractor. My Wife says my head is full of useless information!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #224056 by Southbound
[quote overlander Would any member have a special interest in certain manufacturers brochures? I've got lots of what Cath refers to as 'truck shit'. Next time.[/quote]

SouthBound is a bit partial to International Trucks. Thanks for saving all these photos and brochures Overlander.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 9 months ago #224058 by Dave_64
Southbound wrote that he(or overlander) was accused of harbouring "sh.t". I would have to take Cath to task, everybody knows that men have STOCK! Women generate sh.t!
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #224059 by werkhorse

Hello Overlander,
Some truck books, mostly tractor. My Wife says my head is full of useless information!

That's tame compared to mine... I can't print what my wife reckons is in my head... Or shed :S :dry: ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by werkhorse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou, overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #224063 by overlander
Sent you a PM southbound
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by overlander.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225805 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's Truck Brochures
From Truck and Bus Magazine, 1975.
Avis Truck Rental - Volvo F86
Attachments:

More
2 years 7 months ago #225806 by JOHN.K.
Some years ago I went a big clearing sale at Pittsworth,Qld,mostly vintage cars and bricabrac.......anyhoo,i was surprised that lots of truck sales handouts went for thousands of dollars.,same with Caterpillar and other earthmoving,some lots of sales and spec sheets went for up to $10k............manuals and parts books went for far less..........three day auction ,from memory.............so save the sales handouts,that what collectors want..........they can also make lots selling copies online nowdays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 7 months ago #225811 by overlander
JOHN.K. I'm surprised that brochures and spec sheets would have been worth a lot of money- I see brochures etc for sale on FB and the asking price is usually around $20 to $30 and they'd be older than most of mine. But I may have some collector's items- and they are Caterpillar as well- I have an Operator's Guide for Traxcavators No 977 No 955 No 933 and a Hyster Compaction brochure with Caterpillar engines and I have another which is not complete- front page is missing about a range of Caterpillar products for making roads. All these pamphlets/brochures have hand drawn panels as in a cartoon. Dad worked for the Highways Department in Nuriootpa so I probably got them from him . I have scanned them so they are part of the 3000 odd pages I have scanned so far- still a work in progress. I'll send Paul some sample pictures to give you a better idea of what I have. Pete

More
2 years 7 months ago #225813 by mammoth
Overlander, ask your dad if he happens to have a copy of book called Dozer by Michael Terry. Was a record of NSW Highways building roads in NT & SA during the war.

More
2 years 7 months ago #225815 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Overlander's Truck Brochures
Mammoth, I think the book is called “Bulldozer”. There is a copy on eBay at the moment The seller is asking $150. A bit rich for me. Lang and I both want a copy.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds