Skip to main content

sydney autocars in the 70's

More
11 years 10 months ago #85478 by 352rhd
as a kid growin up in sydney in the 70's i love my old paccar trucks,but ive also got a soft spot for autocars.who can remember secombe's from coffs red and black jinker on the weet bix cards?or tj clark's intergrated bunk on heavy haulage?or the brambles one with the silly wheel?love them nearly as much as peterbilts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #85479 by newto
what about Kangaroo Transport's Autocar with the Cummins NTA-420 small cam on heavy haulage,ably steered for many years by the late Russel (can't remember his last name)
I think Abignano's had a blue one as well!

newto

More
11 years 10 months ago #85480 by prodrive
I remember going to Darwin as a kid in the old mans 1418, (gee what an adventure for a yound fella)
There was a few Autocars towing car carriers up to Darwin, from memory single drive trucks, single axle trailers and dollys, then they would stack up the whole lot to come back down empty. I'm not sure whether they ran out of Syd or Bris tho.
Anyone have any similar ideas or see them?

More
11 years 10 months ago #85481 by Acar DC7564
Gday fellers, I believe my old 1966 Autocar started its working life around Sydney because after removing a few coats of paint I could read TNT Equiptment Burrows rd. St.Peters on the door cheers Rob

1950 White superpower WC18R&&1966 Autocar DC7564rhd&&1980 White Road Boss &&

More
11 years 10 months ago #85482 by melonreo
WOW Rob

you got something special there 8-) 8-) 8-) and she seems to have the standard white ant aplication ,

whats is your plans for her ---do tell :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #85483 by bigcam
Yeh Rob, what Melon said. It looks like a great truck.
Isn't there a blue one of them in Ballarat?

More
11 years 10 months ago #85484 by Cunning Stunt
I'm pretty sure that the one in the Hunter Valley Club is the same model. Busntruck will know

Some play hard to get

11 years 10 months ago #85485 by
Replied by on topic Re: sydney autocars in the 70's
A friend of mine had a Autocar in tamworth for a few years. It was blue 250 Cummins 5x4 or similar i am pretty shure it came from a large construction mob maybe as newto said Abigano. I followed him to Muswellbrook to deliver it when he sold it. i think it went to lithgow or there abouts but thats a few years ago now..

More
11 years 10 months ago #85486 by melonreo
CAM

the blue lorry in ballaratt belongs to Rick Thiege

and there was a blue one at Dubbo truck show as well

11 years 10 months ago #85487 by
Replied by on topic Re: sydney autocars in the 70's
g'day rob .. try to persevere with the original cab as they are quite different in detail to the later offerings...admittedly, that will probably be a big ask :o :o

those three hinge cabs and doors are becoming pretty rare and may end up being appreciated , and worth the effort....cheers

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds