More
11 years 2 months ago #85508 by Mrsmackpaul

there you go woodduck

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #85509 by cemeNTepede
Nit picking.......but
Toddy's Autocar started work subbying Adelaide-Darwin with Bruce McDonald and was painted Mac's blue and white.
Toddy then went out on his own carting cattle out of Alice and painted it that Brown colour.Ray Jones did the signs.
It's not "Tanami Transport" brown.Never intended to be.

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #85510 by waynestr

Yes and there was also the ex Tanami Taxi (Cow Carter)(Leon Todd's Autocar) bought by Ivan OKeefe (Kingswood, NSW.) Also on Heavy Haulage. (Billy Peck lived out Berkshire Park way not Blacktown, moved further west now) Ivan's Autocar started off in the Tanami Transport colours and was later painted Men from Marrs Red. Had the 892TTA in it.... straight thru exhaust and did that thing Roar.
Original colours s1242.beta.photobucket.com/user/Wood-Duck/media/Road5.jpg .
Repainted s1242.beta.photobucket.com/user/Wood-Duc...oPortKembla.jpg.html

I said Bill Peck lived in the Blacktown AREA,if Berkshire Park is not in the Blacktown AREA then I dont know what is.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by waynestr.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #85511 by WoodDuck
Berkshire Park is actually in the Windsor/Penrith area, depending on which part you are in. I grew up in that area. Sorry, and I did forget about McDonald having that Autocar 1st..... it was a while ago.....Thanks for posting the pic for me also... tried to do it and all I got was the pic icon and no picture... ??? not sure where I went wrong there

First 1's free
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by WoodDuck.

More
11 years 2 months ago #85512 by bigcam
Was that ex- McDonald Autocar built with a 8V92 in it?
I've seen it in the DVD you can get from the ATHS, Mud, Dust and Potholes I think, McDonalds transport 1975-84.
It sounds great, mustn't have ever had mufflers on it.

11 years 1 month ago #85513 by
Replied by on topic Re: sydney autocars in the 70's
Bigcam,
I had my brother check with Bruce about the Autocar,Bruce said that it came with a 8V71T 13 speed Roadranger 8 ton front axle and 44lbs rears. here's a pic for you.

LN 700

More
11 years 1 month ago #85514 by bigcam
Thanks mate, that truck sounded awesome in the video.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds