Skip to main content

Seddon Truck

More
11 years 4 months ago #100801 by Mairjimmy
Seddon Truck was created by Mairjimmy
You dont see many of these around

I took this photo to put up here to find out a bit of imformation on these,it has a V8 motor [what make]it is a boggy drive and twin steer ,the ID plate states it has 3 axles so one of them has been added,and it looks like the extra steer axle is the one,but you would not know because it is well done.Somebody might know something about them.Looks like something out of the Fodden stable
Colin.

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100802 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Seddon Truck
V8 will be a V8 510 or V8 540 Perkins. they also had a few with 6V53's in them.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100803 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Seddon Truck

You dont see many of these around

The second steer was added, it says so on the ID plate.

I took this photo to put up here to find out a bit of imformation on these,it has a V8 motor [what make]it is a boggy drive and twin steer ,the ID plate states it has 3 axles so one of them has been added,and it looks like the extra steer axle is the one,but you would not know because it is well done.Somebody might know something about them.Looks like something out of the Fodden stable
Colin.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100804 by cemeNTepede
Replied by cemeNTepede on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Ridgy didge 6 wheeler (DD6) ex UK.The second steer axle looks like it may have originated in a 1418.Definately fitted here.Truck looks to be in extemely good condition,though,dunnit?
The V8 will be a Perkins.The 6V53 powered trucks that look like this are essentially Aust. built Atkinsons with this same Motor Panels cab.They also were all automatics and,I think,originally built for BP to operate in Victoria.

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

More
11 years 4 months ago #100805 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Seddon Truck
cemeNTepede,
This one seems to have a gearbox ,if I get close enough today I will have a closer look,looking from underneath it didn't look big enough to be a Perkins 510,it was such a dirty windy day yesterday I open the door and dust blew out ,will try to open the engine cover and have a look,

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
11 years 4 months ago #100806 by 6for36
Replied by 6for36 on topic Re: Seddon Truck
BP had one in Sydney as well. Beaut truck! It delivered bulk oil to servo's. Allison auto, air bags and lots of bells and whistles. I did a "milk" run one Sat., dropped the last load at a servo in Berala, wound the hoses in and took off. Sadly, I'd forgotten to dump the bags and away I went, awning and all!!! Those were the days before RBT and you can probably guess where I had a 6 course lunch. 5 schooners and a bag of chips!

More
11 years 4 months ago #100807 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Had another look ,Yes most likely a Perkins V8.Not auto but that could have been changed along with the twin steer ,No air bags 6for36

More
11 years 4 months ago #100808 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Nice work Colin, grand old lady... looks like a long left arm was needed for the cog swap, and I doubt I would even see where the gauges are let alone read them :-/

Wonder where that sort of layout came from.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100809 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Mairjimmy Colin,
As noted by Sarge, the instrument dash appears to be on the left hand side, yet Seddon was a British product. Anyone know what that is all about?
Cheers

11 years 4 months ago #100810 by
Replied by on topic Re: Seddon Truck

Mairjimmy Colin,
As noted by Sarge, the instrument dash appears to be on the left hand side, yet Seddon was a British product. Anyone know what that is all about?
Cheers

I reckon it's just perspective there mate
That dash is smack bang in the middle.
The camera angle is a bit tricky... 8-)

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds