Skip to main content

Seddon Truck

More
11 years 4 months ago #100811 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Seddon Truck
This looks like an early 70s version , prior to the Seddon Atkinson merger.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100812 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Yes 903CAM is right the dash is in the middle,still would need a long neck to see it.
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #100813 by oldbugger
Replied by oldbugger on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Here's a photo of one I drove for a few weeks in 1973 perkins 6 cylinder engine and noisy as hell. It was about 1965 (ish) from the number plate. You can see the dash cowling is central.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by oldbugger.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100814 by Qld scammell
Replied by Qld scammell on topic Re: Seddon Truck
One still working around Brisbane,i have photo but not sure how to put it up here. :-[

More
11 years 4 months ago #100815 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Seddon Truck
I have a photo of a similiar one pulling a single axle trailer belonging to "Ormonoid Bitumen Roofing" taken at Tumblong about 1963, but dont know how to put it on here. Tried to cut and paste but no luck.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #100816 by fageol100
Replied by fageol100 on topic Re: Seddon Truck
overnite, don't worry about having trouble posting photos, I had a hell of a time before bugly911 explained it to me. Look at Forum FAQ in the index, adding pics, 3rd page, bugly makes it a lot simpler. Look forward to seeing your pictures.-Hamish Petrie.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by fageol100.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100817 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Seddon Truck
I took a photo of the engine, you won't see much but you are going to have to have a look after all the dust and spiders webs I had to get in to take the photo ;) ;) ;) Not much room in there,I hate to change a sparkplug ;D ;D ;D It might have a tilt cab didn't look

Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #100818 by
Replied by on topic Re: Seddon Truck
Don't think you would have to much trouble changing a spark plug as it looks like a diesel! Guess you would have more trouble finding the spark plugs in the first place. :D

Not sure if the Seddon's have a tilt cab of that vintage. I know the older english trucks don't. However all the engine covers do come off. And they use to make big claims that you do majority of work without lifting the cab off. Basically lifting things in and out through the door openings from what I can understand!

Not sure when or if the English guys started using tilt cabs.

More
11 years 4 months ago #100819 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Seddon Truck

overnite, don't worry about having trouble posting photos, I had a hell of a time before bugly911 explained it to me. Look at Forum FAQ in the index, adding pics, 3rd page, bugly makes it a lot simpler. Look forward to seeing your pictures.-Hamish Petrie.

I think I have to sign up to photobucket first. Thanks for the info. I will give it a try later

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #100820 by fageol100
Replied by fageol100 on topic Re: Seddon Truck
JBlair, re British tilt cabs. I would say the first was Foden in about 1962 with the S24 fibreglass cab. Ford's D series and the BMC Austin/Morris FJK series, both tilt cabs, would have come out about 1965. The Joseph Sankey built Ergomatic tilt cab would have been available on certain Leyland, AEC and Albion models from 1965-1966 or so. Dodge's K series/500 series tilt cab models were available from about this time too. I'm sure the Motor Panels' cab fitted to these Seddons didn't tilt. The Seddon Atkinson 400 series introduced in 1975 would have been the first of this breed to have a tilt cab. Commer were a bit behind the times too, I think the Commando tilt cab fitted to the RG series, (same cab as your Aussie Dodge D3F models) was introduced in 1974. The first ERFs to be fitted with a tilt cab were the fibreglass cab B series, which came out in about 1974-1975. I don't think any Scammells had tilt cabs until the early 1980s with the release of the T45 cab S26 series. -Hamish Petrie
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by fageol100.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds