11 years 4 months ago #103267 by 82cabover
Replied by 82cabover on topic Re: Road Repairs
that long wheelbase indian one must be heavy spec got a double frame ;D

livin the dream oldskool is cool

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #103268 by 82cabover
Replied by 82cabover on topic Re: Road Repairs
thanks for that Fageol mate never seen one :-?

that first photo of bogie ford I cant seem to see no tail shaft coming out only the banjo housing appears backwards :-?

These Ford trucks would have the Thornton tandem drive conversion. With the Thornton drive the first axle was turned around with the diff head facing backwards, the second axle faced the right way. The driveshaft drove to the Thornton 2 speed transfer box which was mounted between and above the 2 axles. Two short shafts drove out of the transfer box, one driving forwards and one driving backwards to drive the 2 drive axles. The Jailbar Ford in the photos has got Eaton 1350 2 speed diffs, rather than single speed Ford diffs, so would have a possible 16 forward gears-4 speed gearbox x 2 speed Thornton transfer box x 2 speed diffs. In N.Z. this would be a model EF29E=29,000 lbs gross/Eaton diffs. The model with standard Ford axles was an EF26F=26,000 lbs gross/Ford diffs.-Hamish Petrie

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
11 years 4 months ago #103269 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Road Repairs
This photo of Essendon Council's steamroller was supplied specially for HCVC by Mal Rowe, who grew up in Essendon. Mal is a moderator of the Yahoo group TramsDownUnder, and is a prolific poster of tram photos. Earlier, he provided the alert that the Essendon one is alive and well, and appeared at a Gisborne rally in 2012. The far footpath has a concrete kerb, but the near one had classic Melbourne bluestone pitchers.

710203W Essendon steamroller Mal Rowe

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

More
11 years 4 months ago #103270 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Road Repairs

thanks for that Fageol mate never seen one :-?

that first photo of bogie ford I cant seem to see no tail shaft coming out only the banjo housing appears backwards :-?

These Ford trucks would have the Thornton tandem drive conversion. With the Thornton drive the first axle was turned around with the diff head facing backwards, the second axle faced the right way. The driveshaft drove to the Thornton 2 speed transfer box which was mounted between and above the 2 axles. Two short shafts drove out of the transfer box, one driving forwards and one driving backwards to drive the 2 drive axles. The Jailbar Ford in the photos has got Eaton 1350 2 speed diffs, rather than single speed Ford diffs, so would have a possible 16 forward gears-4 speed gearbox x 2 speed Thornton transfer box x 2 speed diffs. In N.Z. this would be a model EF29E=29,000 lbs gross/Eaton diffs. The model with standard Ford axles was an EF26F=26,000 lbs gross/Ford diffs.-Hamish Petrie

thanks 82 cabover never heard of thorton before didnt they make a motor bike ? :-?

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #103271 by camma
Replied by camma on topic Re: Road Repairs
Check out this pic I found up on a wall.

[/img]

Please help me. I need Commer Parts
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by camma.

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds