Skip to main content

Trucks working in real country! No Melways here!:P

More
10 years 11 months ago #108906 by asw120
#5 Simca Vedette!!!....um, sorry. Back to lurking....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #108907 by asw120
#5 Simca Vedette!!!....um, sorry. Back to lurking....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 11 months ago #108908 by fageol100
Good spotting ASW120, didn't those Simca Vedettes have a small version of the Ford flathead V8-like the V8 60 engine.

More
10 years 11 months ago #108909 by asw120
Yes, they did.
I found one (was directed) near Hobart in 1994 in an elderly lady's back yard. It had been there since 1976. The garage it was parked in had long sice collapsed. She wanted 50 cents for it! (dear old thing, I'm sure she meant dollars, but she was 92). With a neighbour's help I got it started.
I remember counting 21 studs on the heads. They're only 2.3 litres, but apparently go quite alright for the time.
Sadly, getting it home to Ipswich was going to cost far more than it was worth. (I was on a motorcycle holiday)
Still have photos somewhere. Had a thing for them ever since seeing a picture in some literature to do with an Aronde wagon I had as a teenager.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
10 years 9 months ago #108910 by JC

More
10 years 9 months ago #108911 by JC
Pulled this load from Nundroo SA, through Pt Augusta, to Virginia SA which is approximately 50kms out of Adelaide in the early 70's

JC (via JC Junior :))

[IMG

More
10 years 9 months ago #108912 by JC

More
10 years 9 months ago #108913 by JC

More
10 years 9 months ago #108914 by JC