Skip to main content

4th Australian White Truck Muster 2011

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #23097 by
a question for jake brake...a few RC64's came into the country called CBU's (completely built up) and they were quite different in detail to the local ones...no lh front wiring box cover,a rib down the(fibreglass ..not aluminium) radiator lid,square headlight rims similar to the short bonnet RB64 (7 inch single headlights),and a one piece aluminium roof.. with no visor. i only saw a very few of these ..all sleeper cabs ,in the late 70's and they were '74 or '75 model trucks... one in particular had a VT cummins traded at whites (OGR distributors ) and another i saw was down the back of mc quarrie's old yard next to greg goddard wrecking very early 80's...a pretty rare bird then...are there any out there now ? ...

ps ...there is a picture of one of these on page 7 of this thread (courtesy swishy)

cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #23098 by Jake Brake
Hi Detective, I own a CBU

White the greatest name in trucks.

12 years 9 months ago #23099 by
g'day jake brake. could you post a pic of your truck...i haven't seen one of these rigs for 30 years and i have kept an eye out! has yours got the cab detail i mentioned ..some of these would have had accident damage in their heyday so some of these unique features could have gone by the wayside. i am surprised there was 33 units...they were rare in vic, at least the ones with the details i saw and i can't properly remember if these ones had door mounted white badges or mudguard mounted or no badges on the side (the very early australian rc's also had no visor, white decals on the doors,snyder tanks with two small welded on steps... but still not the cbu's that i knew

cheers

More
12 years 9 months ago #23100 by Jake Brake
Hi Detective, here are a few pics of my CBU.
Ray.

White the greatest name in trucks.

More
12 years 9 months ago #23101 by knighty
Howdy jake, that road commander looks good, hope you're goin to keep the paint job," memories'',thinking about my first interstate trip,talking to the bloke who owned 'never say die' a pretty flash road commander,that made rig of the mth, love to see a pic of that again. jk

Lotsa Big Toys

12 years 9 months ago #23102 by
thanks jake brake...nice pics but truly not the appearance i remember ...i know i am being a pain but these ones were EXTREMELY rare... the headlight rims were square and those cab details are elusive. there is a chance that there were ''built for australia cbu's'' in those numbers ,
with possibly a very few real american blow ins built rhd...the wiring box cover (or lack of it in the case i'm referring to) on the LH front panel tells the tale.

cheers

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds