Skip to main content

Bredbo (Cooma) Truck and Machinery Show March 2024 Photos

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251428 by wee-allis
As I strain my rememberer, the valve cover hold-downs remind me of AEC for some reason. Weren't they cast aluminium flower shaped heads on the bolts or were they nuts. No joy in getting old.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251429 by grandad
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, wee-allis

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #251431 by wee-allis
Thanks to Grandad it looks like a Meadows. Unless it has had a heart transplant.
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by wee-allis.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251437 by Dave_64
Many thanks to Grandad for posting additional info re the Scammell ' Mountaneer', I thought I had read somewhere many moons ago about them being fitted with Meadows engines, although a lot lower ratings than the 240hp I proposed, more likely around the120-140 range.
The data sheets also list a Gardner as an alternative engine again around the same output.
Many thanks again
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: wee-allis

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #251438 by Dave_64
Just as a bit of an addition, Meadows were a large marine/ automotive engine supplier back when the Poms were still producing quality mechanicals.
I had only ever seen one, Meadows that is, set up as an emergency generator setup at a chemical plant I used to deliver to many years ago.
Happened to be there one day when they fired her up for a monthly run.
Had a sticker pop riveted to the frame giving outputs etc, about all I can remember about it was 24 volt start, looked huge but bloke who was fiddling with it said it was only about 130 hp, had a huge generator on it, he said that it would have been built for searchlight use during the war, over London.
Made a good yarn anyway, suppose like a lot of that war surplus stuff, made its way out here
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, grandad, wee-allis

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #251463 by xspanrman
There was a lot of machinery at this show. The Ruston Hornsby engine was powering 3 automatic drilling machines. Amazing bit of gear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds