Skip to main content

any one think this would be good

More
13 years 11 months ago #30616 by rmodelsteve
The twin Murray River towns of Echuca-Moama have welcomed Australia's first National Motoring Festival - CARnival - with open arms.

The Shires of Campaspe (Victoria) and Murray (NSW) have both pledged their support for the event over the October 1-4 (NSW Labor Day) long weekend, making countless car parks, ovals and reserves available to house the anticipated 5,000 enthusiasts and 2,000-plus cars of all ages that are expected to attend.

Tourism Victoria, Shannons and Unique Cars magazine have also pledged their support for the event.

Local businesses and traders have been quick to rally behind CARnival, giving their provisional support to the proposed street stage in the Echuca CBD that could see up to 150 vehicles, from historic touring and sports cars to current Supercars compete over a timed 1.2km stage.

And Echuca-Moama accommodation providers, who have around 7,500 hotel, motel and cabin beds available, in addition to top class camping facilities, have already reported strong pre-event bookings.

As CARnival coincides with the annual Port of Echuca Steam Festival, Echuca-Moama Tourism is working with organisers of both events to develop a wide range of activities from food and wine tasting to street theatre and a music concert that will appeal to all family members.

CARnival is an initiate of CAMS that has been designed to appeal to all motoring enthusiasts, irrespective of the age or type of their vehicles and whether their interest lies in passive or competitive activities.

Shannons are a major supporter of CARnival, with the Shannons Show & Shine staged on the grassy banks of the Murray River, becoming the hob of the event. Shannons CARnival Cavalcades from eight major regional centres in Victoria and New South Wales will bring enthusiasts to the event in co-ordinated touring runs.

As evidence of its commitment to CARnival, Echuca Moama Tourism (EMT) has just announced the formation of Echuca Moama Events - a substantial regional events department created to provide professional support to CARnival.

The region's largest event, Southern 80 and the inaugural CARnival have become partners in this new events venture, alongside Echuca's existing 'Riverboats, Jazz, Food & Wine', 'Echuca Moama Wedding Expo' and 'Rotary's Steam Horse & Vintage Rally' festivals.

EMT's venture will ensure that these events and festivals will evolve and thus provide the very best experiences for guests visiting the Echuca Moama region.

Echuca Moama Events is headed up by former IMG Australia events professional Pete White, who has taken up the new EMT role of General Manager Events & Festivals.

White's long list of event involvement includes the Australian Masters, Indy Gold Coast, Australian Fashion Week, Bathurst, Melbourne Marathon, Sandown 400 and the Melbourne International Flower Show.

EMT's existing Marketing Manager, Simon Latchford, has been promoted to Director of Tourism in the process.

For more details about CARnival visit www.camscarnival.com.au .

Are you a motoring enthusiast? For your car insurance, bike insurance and home insurance call Shannons on 13 46 46 or click here to speak with Shannons now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #30617 by bparo
Haing ,my own accomodation nearby I thought it may be worth a look. The downside is it is the same weekend as the Deni Ute Muster so will have to decide closer to the time

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 11 months ago #30618 by mammoth
rmodel - getting to the end sounds like spam

13 years 11 months ago #30619 by
WHATS THIS A ADVERT FOR sha**ons I dont think we need that on here but it's good to hear about the event but bet the entry fee will high $$$$. Dave

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #30620 by bparo
To me it looks like a straight lift from a event publicity sheet. I saw an article in the Riverina Herald (Echuca's local rag) and a flyer on the Echuca rally weekend that said much the same thing.

It seems to be the same as us putting our sponsors such as Lumley Special Vehicles and SelecTrucks on the flyer for our November Truck Show (28th November at Sandown if you don't know)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by bparo.

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds